“Its OK”

Crisfield Sea Food Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 415 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Heard a lot about this restaurant but am from South Texas. Was looking for some fried catfish and they did not have any. What???? But great oyster crackers. Food was bountiful and fried golden brown.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This family owned resaurant is worth all the effort to get to (except on Monday nights when it is closed). The fish produced in this place is about the best you will find anywhere. The oysters from Chesapeake Bay are so scrumptous. It is no wonder Jimmy Buffet loves this place and many other notables. I recommend eating at the counter. You can then see the oyster's shucked as they are expertly by waiters that have been doing it for years. Have a dubonnet with the fish? sounds terrible but it is wonderful. Restroom a little tight but nothing horrible. Always good conversation and interesting people. And menu is consistently excellent -- try what is on special at the time. A very special treat.

1  Thank CascadeProf
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Sorry folks, service was Ok, food was average. I believe they've been around since the 40's. The mass appeal is because the food is prepared well "across the board".

If I could have my meal seasoned to my particular taste my Food rating would jump from 3 to 5.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This little gem looks like an old malt shop, located in what we refer to as the Up and coming area of Sivler Spring. Crisfields Sea food, named for Crisfield MD on the eastern shore, has been around for ever. The lack of ambiance is the ambiance! This brightly lit counter and small dining room cranks out the best seafood anywhere. My favorites: Clam Chowder, Seafood Bisque, Crab Stuffed Flounder, Crab Stuffed Shrimp, the Lobster tails are really great- stuffed or not. My husbands swears by thier Oysters. Whiile this restaurant is not cheap you can dine affordably, sandwiches- soups - salads. While the owners and staff have achanged over the years it is great to see the staff that has weathered the years.
This is must for a trip to the area, you will not be sorry!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came here solely based on Tripadvisor Reviews, you seldom steer me wrong, but wow, I can't believe the raves for this place.
We walked here from the Metro, i was a little surprised upon entering, it looks like this place hasn't been updated since it opened(1945), okay I can deal with retro charm, loved the black & white tile floor & the oyster plate collection. As you come in there is a huge bar, my companion noticed the dining room, no one directed us there. At the table there is a small plate with lemon wedges & 2 plastic containers, one with tartar sauce & one with cocktail.
But the prices are what floored me 22.50 for your basic fried seafood dish,21.00 for flounder? By me that would land you at a restaurant on the water, not on a city street. We both had the crabcake sandwich (10.00), you have a choice of options, a kaiser roll (50 cents extra), a hamburger roll or white bread, wheat bread or rye. It comes to you without lettuce, tomato or anything else, of course you can scoop out your choice from your plastic container on your table The sandwich does come with cole slaw or fries we went with cole slaw which we liked.
The sides to me were a tad odd, cole slaw french fries baked potato all standard, but sliced tomatoes? I have eaten in many many seafood restaurants & I was never presented with that as a choice for a side, at the prices they are charging it would appear that they could offer something a bit more imaginative, hush puppies, corn fritters, green beans almondine?
We both had the Smith Island cake, they were out of Key Lime Pie. The cake was just OK to me, it was novel for sure, just not particularly flavorful.
Not sure if I would return, I don't think the prices are justified by the food or the locale. I just can't say I was impressed. It was also a little annoying that when you carry your bill to the register you are competing with the takeout orders, I stood for a good 5 minutes while the cashier took a rather long takeout order over the phone.
An interesting aside the restrooms are for 1 occupant only & there is no sink in the restroom, the sink shared by all, I assume, is out by the bar, is it a way to shame people into better hygiene?

1  Thank Kitsaattheshore