“A Local's Seafood Secret”

Crisfield Sea Food Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 415 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Be right at home in your jeans and tee-shirt. A clam bar in one room and crowded tables in the other room. A friendly and helpful wait staff and then there is the seafood! I had the flounder and it was as if I had just caught it myself. My wife had the crab and shrimp Norfolk and wanted to lick the plate. One of our guests had the lobster Norfolk and wanted to do the same.

You can be sure that any staff that uses the restroom will wash their hands. This is because the the sink is outside the restroom in plain site of the cook staff. Nice if every restaurant did that.

1  Thank SalesLegend

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Not much ambiance to the place, but the food is great and the service is good. This is one of my favorite spots in Downtown Silver Spring. I really recommend Crisfields.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had a late lunch with my girlfriend and the seafood was delicious. She had the fried seafood combo with a light cornmeal breading and very large portion. I opted for sauteed shrimp and crabmeat soaked in butter which was amazing. If you like fresh seafood you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been going to Crisfield's in Silver Spring for over 30 years -- and I've never been disappointed. I read that someone called is a "hole in the wall", well, yes, it is an old-fashioned place, kinda cramped in the dining room, with a big counter in the front room. But, to me that is just part of the charm. You most definitely aren't paying for the decorating! You ARE paying for the best seafood around. Fish is always very fresh and cooked to perfection. I've never had anything dried out or soggy. We mostly get the flounder or fish of the day broiled, which is wonderful. I love soft shell crabs and always go at least once a year for these.

The atmosphere is down-home, the waitresses are old-school and the food is the best. Don't go for the dark, romantic mood -- do go for the food and, what I think, the great atmosphere. (Yes, some of the waitresses will call you "Hon".)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My customer took me here for lunch. Had the baked stuffed shrimp for the entree, soft shell crabs app, and lobster bisque to start. Everything here was excellent!