“The seafood exceeded our expectations.”

Crisfield Sea Food Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 415 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had a late lunch with my girlfriend and the seafood was delicious. She had the fried seafood combo with a light cornmeal breading and very large portion. I opted for sauteed shrimp and crabmeat soaked in butter which was amazing. If you like fresh seafood you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been going to Crisfield's in Silver Spring for over 30 years -- and I've never been disappointed. I read that someone called is a "hole in the wall", well, yes, it is an old-fashioned place, kinda cramped in the dining room, with a big counter in the front room. But, to me that is just part of the charm. You most definitely aren't paying for the decorating! You ARE paying for the best seafood around. Fish is always very fresh and cooked to perfection. I've never had anything dried out or soggy. We mostly get the flounder or fish of the day broiled, which is wonderful. I love soft shell crabs and always go at least once a year for these.

The atmosphere is down-home, the waitresses are old-school and the food is the best. Don't go for the dark, romantic mood -- do go for the food and, what I think, the great atmosphere. (Yes, some of the waitresses will call you "Hon".)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My customer took me here for lunch. Had the baked stuffed shrimp for the entree, soft shell crabs app, and lobster bisque to start. Everything here was excellent!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Is one of those places that doesn't look like much of anything when you look in but has some of the best seafood you are going to get anywhere. I have eaten in and also ordered to pick up, do not go as often as I would like, but always look forward to going.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Last evening I had the opportunity to try the Crisfield Seafood Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland. This was my first time back after relocating back to the DC Metropolitan area after several years away. My return visit was like a trip back to a restaurant you had frequented during summer's at the shore.

The food was fantastic. I had a dozen freshly shucked oysters that were all of good size and sweet followed by a platter of broiled scallops. Everything was fresh and made to order. the staff was personable and attentive. The side dishes were all fresh and my request for well-done french fries came out perfectly done.

If you tune out the traffic going past outside, you can imagine you are at a restaurant on a pier along the Cheasapeake or the Jersey Shore enjoying fresh caught sea food.