“Great experience”

Pacci's
Ranked #9 of 389 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I would have to go out and say this is one of the best restaurants in the flooded downtown Silver Spring market. The service was impeccable and the food was fabulous. Well done.

1  Thank chad m

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had plan to meet with friends at Pacci's and arrived to a completely empty restaurant in the afternoon. We arrived in separate cars and told them that more of our party was coming and they were fine seating some of us, but then refused to seat one of our party at an adjacent table because the last three of our party hadn't arrived. The restaurant was EMPTY! It made no sense.

We asked nicely, we offered to move to another area, the hostess (her name was Maggie) was rude and dismissive, complaining that she couldn't hold the table until the whole party was there. The whole time, apart from our party, the restaurant was EMPTY!

But it gets worse. A different party arrives at the restaurant and Maggie seats them at the table that we had asked for! While there were many other tables open! It is almost like she did it out of spite!

She was being so rude that some of the other wait staff came over. She promptly started pointing and whispering at our party while we were getting our drinks. She stood at the bar scowling, with her arms crossed because we had inconvenienced her by patronizing her restaurant. I guess she expected us to eat while she stood there whining within earshot.

The rest of our party arrived and we asked for extra chairs and we squeezed the last few of our party into the tables we already had. This really annoyed Maggie, she started arguing with other waitstaff right next to our table in another language, again pointed and sneering. If she didn't want us there, why did she seat us in the first place?

We should have walked out because passable food wasn't worth the rude and horrible treatment we received. When we finally left the restaurant and there were still tables open! There would have been room to have reseated our entire party at the other end of the dining room! Several of the wait staff apologized to us but said that they could do nothing since Maggie did the seating and she seemed more invested it ruining our meal than anything. Awful, awful, awful...

If you want to be the recipient of petty, uncouth treatment, Pacci's is the place for you. If you want to enjoy a nice meal, go somewhere else.

2  Thank itchandscratch
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent pizza. Crisp crust, solid sauce. This is what pizza is to me. The staff was quick and friendly and served with a smile. We'll be going back to this joint!

I checked "yes" on the "best meals" question only because it is the best pizza I've had here in the DC area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to Pacci's many times and it is consistenly good! The pizzas are yummy and the Paccis' salad is not only delicious but the presentation is beautiful. The wine is great and I love the atmosphere. It is great for a family or for a date night. There is limited seating but when the weather is good, there is alot of outside dining.
Love this place!

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been going around Silver Spring a lot the past few years. No matter how many new restaurants open, Pacci's will always be my favorite. Great service, delicious crispy,tender and fragrant neapolitan pizza that introduces you to the authentic taste of mediterranean pizza. Everything is handcrafted and cooked in the oven thats located in the front of the restaurant. Salads are great as well, especially the paccis salad that includes pear, cranberries and walnuts!! With our pizzas we also tried their italian house red wine which was a different experience for me since it was my first time trying wine from that area. It was amazing! I recommend this restaurant to everyone that's thinking of visiting Washington D.C...

1  Thank Vasilis T