“Best Indian cuisine I ever ate!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #2 of 375 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Best Indian cuisine I ever ate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the samosa chat as a starter. Too good for words. Husband had the Chicken Jalfrezi, and my 16yr. Old loved the chicken tandoori. I had the chicken biriyani. The best I had ever had. The waiters were very professional, and very attentive. Onion kulcha was a favorite at our table too. Run do not walk to this gem. It is a jewel in silver spring. We will be back.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank sle79

washington dc
“The First Time Was the Best Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had the buffett lunch at the Jewel of India during the week in mid October. I was surprised at how fresh and wonderful the food was at that time. The salad was crisp, all the buffett items were hot and delicious, the best being the goat! The service was quick and efficient, I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Now, let's go to the second time in early November, it was a Sunday around 11:30 am, different clientele. The service was slow, I had to ask several times for a cup of coffee, the buffett was 'picked over', not as fresh or delicious looking as the first time, no great dishes this time to remember. Not impressed, don't know if I will revisit, but again, the first time was the best time.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank crystalcove
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went back for the Indo-Chinese buffet today. I don't usually like buffets but this one was surprisingly good. The "Chinese" noodles are very good. So is the goat and the mushrooms with peas and the tandoori wings and the ... The hot and sour soup should be on the buffet but it isn't so I suggest ordering it a la cart. Good stuff. I expect we will be back here again and again.

Indo-Chinese cuisine. That is, the food that Chinese restaurants in India serve and it is great. Okay somewhere between great to very interesting. You will be reminded of standard Chinese takeout but only reminded. The spices are Indian and the spices are spicy. We have not tried the lunch buffet. I don't usually like buffets because they a prepared to the LCD but this will be an exception.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank innerbum1
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Lunch buffet is elegant but efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the best Indian buffet I have been to. The dishes were all fresh and tasty and the service was both friendly and efficient. I would recommend to anyone who likes Indian cusine

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DWElwell
College Park, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very traditional India food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went there every 2 months and the food every time I visited is different and exciting! I would recommend someone who like goat meat to have at least a visit.

Visited June 2013