“Disappointing Brunch”
Review of 8407 kitchen bar

8407 kitchen bar
Reserve with OpenTable
8407 kitchen bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 379 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wayne Ave
Transit: We are a one block walk from the Silver Spring Metro (Red Line).
Description: Partners executive chef Pedro Matamoros and general manager Nancy Hart's newest venture 8407 kitchen bar in downtown Silver Spring is a welcoming oasis of comfort and casual sophistication. From the sleek and stylish bar/lounge on the ground floor to the warm and rustic charm of the light-filled second floor dining room. 8407 offers something to please all moods and tastes. Chef Matamoros' artisanal American menu features house made charcuterie, fresh, seasonal, locally sourced produce, meat and game as well as sustainable seafood. Pastry chef Rita Garruba's desserts end the meal on the perfect grace note. The dining experience is welcoming with knowledgeable service in a warm and approachable atmosphere. Not to be missed: Sunday Brunch, and Wine Lover's Mondays (exclusive 1/2 priced wine bottle selections for diners).
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Disappointing Brunch”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have raved about 8407 Kitchen Bar in the past. But I only had been there for lunch and dinner. Their attention to detail and flavor may not carry over to their brunch. My daughter and I ate there for a Sunday Brunch and I was very disappointed. The menu looks appealing but they failed to execute on at least two items.

My daughter had the house smoked salmon and potato pancake and I had the Shrimp and Scrambled eggs. Her salmon was delicious - perfectly smoked - but the potato pancake was ice cold. She didn't say anything to me until she was almost done (she hates complaining about restaurant food) but she finally admitted that it really detracted. I am assuming that the pancake wasn't supposed to be piping hot but rather room temperature. But at ice co,d it just tasted greasy.

My Shrimp and Eggs were flavorless. The shrimp were fine but the dish was supposed to come with Hollandaise Sauce and that was more like wallpaper paste. There was no lemon flavor at all and the eggs had no seasoning. I never put salt on good but I liberally doused the eggs with salt and even some healthy squirts of lemon to try to bring out the flavor but it wasn't enough.

The Bloody Mary was fantastic as was the Carmelized Banana Napolean. But overall the meal was disappointing. This was the first time I wasn't raving about a meal at 8407 - I hope it is not a sign of the future.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Silver Spring, MD
“Disappointing new menu”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went here for an anniversary dinner and was disappointed. I live near downtown Silver Spring and thought this used to be the best upscale restaurant in the area. FYI, in November 2012 they fired their longtime executive chef and hired a new one in January 2013. So any reviews you see before that are irrelevant. We thought we'd give the new chef some time to develop a new menu before we tried it again.

The atmosphere is still pleasant and modern. Service is friendly, but not always as quick as we'd like. We ordered a bottle of wine and noted they have one of the better selections in the area.

The first item to arrive, and the best, was the bread basket. It had several types of excellent bread and whipped butter. Next we got one of the fancy salads (OK) and the burratta cheese with pomegranite sauce (very good). The two mains we ordered were the vegetarian pasta dish and the short ribs. Both were fine, but totally forgettable. For dessert, we split an upscale redo of Reese's - chocolate peanut butter tart with ice cream. It was so bad we didn't finish it.

Given the prices, we expected better. Will not be back for a while.

• Visited April 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“Trendy and Fun!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

A local trendy place to hang with friend after work or on the weekends. A big hit are the many selections of micro's on tap from the local area and all the amazing food. The deviled eggs are a must when dinning here, though most of the food I tried was wonderful. The service was a little slow, but our server was always smiling.

Visited March 2013
“You gotta go downtown ( ¥ ) @ the 8407”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

8407 kitchen bar:
First, I must state that within the context of type of restaurant that the 8407 kitchen bar is; I recommend the 8407 kitchen bar.

Arrived around 1/4 pass 7pm on a Wednesday (3/27) and sat at the bar.

The crowd seemed to be mid 30's & up professionals, a few couple, lots of ladies enjoying the end of happy hour (good sign).

I found service a tad slow (note the use if the word "tad", #picky...picky this night), but within acceptable limits.

First I ordered a couple of appetizers and a drink.

Buttermilk Fried Calamari which was a bit greasy but good; it came with a spicy salsa verde in-which I found to be unremarkable. I also order the Farm Fresh Deviled Eggs properly accent with crispy bacon and chive which was very good.

My drink choice, the After Thought (haymans old tom gin, aperol, dolin sweet vermouth, lime, orange bitters).... smooth. I had two ;) #notASpickyAnyMore

My entree, Grilled Chicken Monterey Jack Cheese Sandwich prepared with Chipotle Aioli and Avocado relish served with a side of fries. "Two thumbs up!"

I even went in for desert, the Creme brûlée; which was also very good.

I cant wait to explore the entire menu.

The 8407 is now in my rotation.

2 Thank AFDW
USA
“Great food in a trendy place in DC”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Interesting starters like sweetbread and devil eggs, or cheeses (!). Nice presentation of the plates. Very good beef, simple, not mingled with a lot of other different tastes. Same for fish and scallops. Good chocolate, and they are open to variations on the menu. The decoration is kind of modern, with good space between table. And they have a day of the week when you pay the (good) wine half the price.

• Visited March 2013