“Good pho at a good price”
Review of Pho-Hiep Hoa

Pho-Hiep Hoa
Ranked #184 of 384 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Riverview, Florida
“Good pho at a good price”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The pho here was a nice bit of comfort on a chilly day. Service was quick and the large bowl was certainly filling. The only negative is that the rare eye round wasn't rare.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Steve B

West Chester, PA
“Great food and incredibly fast”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went here after a long day at work, about 9:00. I walked in and looked at the menu. Ordered some takeout (3 dishes) and five minutes later I was out the door. Very good quality and large portions. The price was good.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ken T
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“*Beware* People Who Don't Eat Port”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

So if you are someone who does not eat pork, beware this place. My wife and have gone here several times and the food and service have always been "decent." However today was an experience unlike any other. We ordered 3 appetizers, but somehow the waiter thought we ordered 6 (two of each)... clearly a miscommunication. So 3 of the appetizers were taken back.

One of the appetizers we ordered was "shrimp" garden rolls. Now we have ordered this numerous times in the past, but today they put pork in the garden rolls (nowhere on the menu does it even state there is pork in the garden rolls). We told the waiter that we don't eat pork and instead of apologizing or offering us to bring us a new plate of garden rolls he just shrugged and stated that's how the food is made. So we had to call the waiter back and ask him to get the manager... instead he brought us menus (clearly he barely spoke English).

Anyway we got him to understand and he went and got the manager. She did not even apologize about the mistake, but did confirm that the shrimp garden rolls should not have pork in them (yet clearly they did). After about 5-10 minutes of debate, the manager finally stated she would give us "half off" the price of the appetizers and THEN decided to apologize but said we "talk too much."

Needless to say my wife and I will not be going back to this restaurant. Even after all the debate they did not give us "half off" the price of the appetizers and in fact tried to charge us for the extra appetizers we didn't even order. Overall just a absolutely miserable, demeaning, and offensive experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank D C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Winter Comfort Food in Humble Surroundings”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Winter Comfort Food in Humble Surroundings
This is my go-to place for pho, partly because is close to home and partly because the sprouts, cilantro, and other accompaniments served with the steaming bowls of broth, meat, and noodles seems so fresh. As one friend says, “it’s like they have their own garden on the roof.” I ordered the meat spring rolls as a starter and beef pho with two of the fattier cuts of meat. The spring rolls were a bit of a disappointment. The filling was mealy and made me wish I had ordered the vegetable rolls. The pho was just as tasty as I remembered. The inside of the restaurant is very simple and a bit rundown, but the pho is consistent and I like the service. It’s a good place to be a solo diner and you never feel rushed.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kairis316
new york
“Nice service Outdoor tables Recommend”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Yummy vinegar sauce with more kick than most. We had great salads and a good time. The place was reasonably full overlooking a beautiful street scene of kids frolicing in the fountain. This is a amid a mall

• Visited August 2012