“Only problem was parking!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North

Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Only problem was parking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while my niece participated in the National History Competition at nearby University of Maryland. Everything was wonderful - rooms were clean, staff was very friendly & helpful (with the exception of one morning desk clerk who acted like we were troubling her to print directions, and the decor was pleasing. The only problem I had was parking. We would return to the hotel after 9pm and were forced to park in the shopping center parking lot. Although the hotel is technically connected to the shopping area, it is truly behind the stores and I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car in that location or walking to the hotel from the car. Despite the glitches, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and experienced no problems at all!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everything about the Inn was great including the bed and buffet breakfast the next morning. You should definitely consider eating here (compare price) before the crowded IHOP next door. IHOP is crowded by 9 am. I made a last minute late reservation, and it was given away. I think the clerk just didn't double check that it was reserved. I guess it could have been a system glitch. After asking for the manager, she offered to put me up in another nearby hotel with comparable amenties or reduce my rate. My rate dropped to $59 with two buffet breakfasts which convinced me to stay. It was a smoking room which the clerk didn't tell me so I was not happy again for apparently I was given the last room. I did find an apology letter under the door in the morning. The towels are nice but should be washed/dried with a nicer fabric softener so they are heavenly soft. I want my stay to be better than home and I have a plentiful amenities :-). I will definitely stay again and recommend to family and friends that will be visiting in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My team has been on the road regularly for 8 months and we have consistently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inns near where we have to work. All of been great, and this one was no exception. The rooms were fresh, the lobby clean and the hallways quiet. And, of course, the staff pretty much did what we needed. I prefer Hilton overall, but this particular Hilton Garden Inn was very, very satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Timothy R
Brasilia, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had problems with the reservation accuracy during the check-in, the hotel charged me with another value defined at reservation. At the end everything was solved, but all the process was extremely unpleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Vivian O
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Usually, I'm afraid of hotels taking pictures and showing them on their sites, when their hotels don't really look that way. But it looks exactly like the pictures. They are VERY CLEAN, and this is coming from someone who has OCD when it comes to cleanliness. Any problems I had were fixed right away, and if I had to complain about anything it would probably be the breakfast, but then again, I am EXTREMELY particular about my food. Overall, I would definitely go there again, and since my visit I have told everyone I know about this hotel. I wish they all were like this one. The staff was also VERY KIND.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nubian02
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Another problem, children playing in the halls, early morning. But otherwise a great play to stay. The food places around the hotel were many but disappointing food, yeak!!! The room was great, as was the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 days in this hotel while attending our sons graduation. We really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. The staff were great. Always greeting you with a smile and asking how things are and if there was anything they could do for us. One even remembered what we did the previous day and asked how it went.
We had breakfast in their restaurant every day and it was very good.We don't normally eat a big breakfast everyday but were told that we could have things a la carte if we wanted. We had delicious omelets, pancakes and waffles made to order and then we also just had toast and coffee. The $10 + was worth the buffet and the small charge for the toast and fresh fruit on the other days was also worth it.. No need to travel outside to the many restaurants near by. My only complaint was that on Sunday they were very busy and the service suffered. They ran out of some things.
The room was nice and large with lots of closet space. The bed was comfortable with a dial to adjust to your liking. We also noticed how quiet it was. We were on the 4th floor and only heard kids in the hall 1 night. There was free laundry on the main floor and their pantry sold things there if you run out (very expensive though. I paid $4.00 for 2 sheets of bounce for the dryer.)
We rented a car and had no problem with their free parking. Their were many restaurants next door and a large mall with a Target was only about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daylili
GeneralManagerGage, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Daylili,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your stay and even moreso thank you for being our guest we hope to host you again soon!