New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was really nice and clean. They have coffee available in the morning and every afternoon, with an assortment of flavor creamer. During the evenings they put out delicious cookies! The staff was super nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Smartyamleht

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn has exceptional staff who go above and beyond the call of duty to make guests feel welcome and at home. I had a great experience here and have come back each time I'm in the area. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlene S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us such a wonderful review! Our staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn strive to ensure that each guest is treated as if they are the only guest in the hotel.

thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Charlene Schutte
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Not all Hilton Garden Inns are as nice as this one. Silver Spring North is new and clean, well-run, and very quiet. There is rarely any noise from the hallways, other rooms or outside. The staff is always calm, helpful, and welcoming. Once the coffee maker in our room malfunctioned, and they went out of their way to set it right. We really appreciate the free wireless internet in the room, and the free self-parking (those two things are not always found in the DC area). My only quibble is that the pool is extremely tiny -- too small to swim exercise laps in. But your kids will enjoy it!

Room Tip: We've stayed at this hotel five or six times and never had a problem with any room.
Norwalk, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Title says it all. Had breakfast at IHOP & the hotel of the two I would stick with the hotel. Staff is friendly and very conscientious. Location was convenient to Columbia Pike #29 which takes you right into downtown Silver Spring. Good restaurants in the area. Mrs K's Toll House a stand-out. Firehouse #1 also good.

Jefferson City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a very good hotel with helpful, friendly staff. It is a great location for a business stay in the area with a few restaurants within walking distance. Additionally, there is a shopping (strip) mall about one-half mile down the road that runs in front of the hotel - not much traffic. This area includes places like Target, a supermarket, and other restaurants.
There is easy and quick access to the main roads from this hotel. If you are doing business at the FDA, it is only a few minutes from their main campus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is exactly what you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The foyer is open and airy. The cookies are warm. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The hotel has a nice, friendly feeling. Everyone greets you with a smile. I stay here a lot and really like the place a lot. It's much nicer than other hotels on the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Good Afternoon Mark A,

What a great comment!!! We are so happy to hear that our friendly staff, comfortable beds and warm cookies keeps you coming back. My staff and I strive to make everyone comfortable all of the time, I will pass along your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards

Charlene Schutte
Bel Air, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lobby was so beautiful, the room very lovely and clean. The staff is friendly. BUT, appearances cannot make up for baseline quality: The mattress was totally uncomfortable!! The "Adjustable Comfort Dial" on the mattress was in their imagination. It is supposed to be that you turn the dial to make the mattress hard or soft. Well there was only hard on this one, and the front desk clerk, when I complained, said that all the rooms had the same mattress. I did not sleep all night because the bed was so hard and uncomfortable. I had an aching back the next day, much of the day. Also, The breakfast was low quality, and lousy! the waffles were so hard me and my daughter did not eat them. The bacon-- we left a lot of it on the plate. I don't know what kind of meat that was, but it didn't taste like bacon. Denny's crappy food is better--really. This food was so bad, my 10-year old and myself got sick, and was sick well into the evening. My daughter had a case of diarrhea as well. I spent $130 on a sleepless night, and food poisoning. In the past I have been to the Marriott, The Clarion, even cheapies like Red Roof Inn, etc and have not ever had a sleepless night. I was, and still disappointed that my Valentine's day treat to my daughter turned out this way. It has been a very long time since I have been able to do anything special for my daughter because money has been so tight for so long, and I feel like to a large extent, it was money wasted staying here at the Hilton.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Blossom777
Kristy N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We have changed our breakfast to satisfy all of our guests. We have fresh pastry items each morning and cooked to order eggs. We don't want anyone to have a bad stay and I would personally like you to contact me the next time your in Silver Spring. I would love to have you and your daughter back and make it a stay that she won't forget.
Kristy Nase