“Nice Dinner Option”

Copper Canyon Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Copper Canyon Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 422 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There's nothing timid about our chicken... or our meatloaf... or our hand cut hickory grilled sizzling steaks, line caught Ahi tuna or cornbread baked in a skillet and fired up by fresh jalapeno and Serrano peppers. This is full flavored American cuisine, fresh and bold, made by our chefs from scratch every day, and presented by servers who treat you like the valued guest you are. We invite you to join us for lunch, dinner, happy hour or late evening dining, and enjoy the best that America has to offer.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We actually ate here twice. I had the petite filet the first night and it was not that great. However, the next time I tried the Salmon and it was very good. The service was great on both occasions. The only complaint is that on the dining room side of the restaurant it can get very loud. We sat in a large booth and could not talk to anyone across the table due to the noise.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a party of 6 meet here and we sat on the enclosed patio. It was well heated and comfortable on a chilly day. The food was good and the portions large. The staff were attentive. I would eat here again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were on our way to take advantage of the 4 course $15 Macaroni Grill special. After a good 15 mins trying to find the building we decided to ask where it was. The lady at the hostess stand told us that they closed a week ago so we decided to dine at the Copper Canyon Grill. We were very frustrated and not in a good mood after walking around in the cold. However Brittany at the hostess stand turned our mood around and started telling us a little bit about the menu and what her recommendations were. She suggested the rattle snake pasta. So once we got to our table our server who i can't remember his name tall gentleman with classes gave us a great run down of the menu. My partner who is an executive chef at a local university decided to order the rattle snake pasta & I the chicken pot pie. Both were GREAT also we had for an app the crab dip which was amazing this is coming from a chef which is rare. The portion sizes were great. Service was excellent Brittany also came back to check on us during our meal. We will defiantly be back. Everything was great Thank god the macaroni grill shutdown.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

First the good news. The staff is great, very friendly, attentive and you get the distinct impression that they really want you to have an excellent dining experience. The bad news is that they have serious execution issues in their kitchen.

I ordered the house salad and the petite filet. The filet comes with a cabernet sauce (good) and a blue cheese butter topping (not a fan). I asked for it without the blue cheese butter. My salad and drink arrived promptly, and the salad is very good. About 5 minutes later my entry arrived and I had barely started my salad. Worse, it had the blue cheese butter on it. They took the entree back to re-make it (which was fine since it had arrived WAY too early.) I finished my salad and the filet arrived, this time without the cabernet sauce or the blue cheese butter. Strike 2. The manager apologized (again) and brought out a side of the cabernet sauce, which was fine. The meat itself was fair, but at least it was cooked correctly.

I will definitely go back solely on the great service, but will stay away from steaks, which, apparently isn't their strength. This is surprising number of misses for a relatively simple meal, but perhaps next time will be better.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were in Silver Spring that day looking for Quarry House Tavern, as we just saw it featured on a PBS special for burgers. However, didn't realize that it's actually a dive bar and not open for lunch so ended up at Copper Canyon as it looked attractive from the outside with two fireplaces by the entrance. Inside lighting a bit on the dark side, very spacious with high ceilings, comfortable seating with good size tables and booths with plenty of elbow room. We sat at one of the three high tables by the right side of the entrance with a view of the street, quite fancy with white tablecloth and cloth napkins. It was after 2 pm on a weekday so it was quiet with only a handful of diners. Would have liked to try their rotisserie chicken specialty but we just wanted lighter fare so settled for a bacon cheese burger, Canyon mushrooms and grilled shrimp skewer sides. The portions of mains were substantial, large burger came with a huge pile of tasty skinny fries, and the two sides were like small plates you'd get at a Tapas restaurant, only at half the cost so very good value. Everything was delicious. The mushrooms in particular, cooked in a rich and dark wine sauce, so flavorful I was sorry that I didn't think of getting some bread to soak it all up, the 3 shrimps were large and spicy. Service was good, orders came quickly and water glasses filled regularly without us having to ask. Glad we tried this place by chance, will definitely return next time we are in Silver Spring.