“Pricy But Nice”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Ches
“Pricy But Nice”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here one night for a business trip. It was about $200.00 for one night which is more than I like to pay. The continental breakfast had a couple of healthy options. The room was quiet and clean and the bed very comfy. The staff was pretty nice. The valet service is good. You have to use valet parking and you have to pay additionally for it. This hotel has no parking and the valet service is not included in your hotel fee. The hotel is located about a block away from a Panera and about two blocks (approximately 7 minutes walk) from the metro station. Big plus if your here for business and want to go sight seeing in DC before hitting the road again. Bottom line: I liked this hotel but it is very expensive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The comfy beds, fluffy white pillows and snow white duvet covers were perfect for a great night's sleep. The gym was immaculate, the pool immaculate, accessible, hot tub too. Staff was friendly, helpful, kind and so thoughtful. The living room-like lobby enticed me for hot coffee and a nice read of the morning paper . Mind you, it was Christmas and the decorated trees , flower arrangememts and décor made the visit so very memorable. I wish you were everywhere!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to know that we met and exceeded your expectations . We look forward to your next visit.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in May 2013 for a conference. This is the nastiest hotel that I've ever experienced. My entire stay was about a week. The first couple of nights, I started itching on my forearm from what I learned later were bed bug bites! The itching and number of bites increased the longer I stayed. There were also small roaches in my room and bathroom. Miniature rolly pollies as well. They changed my room and gave me one night free because of the roaches. Lucky for this hotel, I was not familiar with the signs of bed bugs beforehand and learned from my experience there after the fact! My bed bug experience was confirmed with others reporting bed bugs in this hotel on several sites. Now I learned to not only search the hotel's name but address as well when looking for reports of bed bugs! How conveniently this building has 2 different names just separated by floor levels: The Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn Silver Spring. Geez, I wonder why!?

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Please accept our apology for the issue you had during your visit with us in May. I would like to discuss with you and would appreciate it if you would contact me directly. My contact number is
301 588-5887, extension 7010. Again, our apologies and I look forward to hearing from you, at your convenience.
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great hotel. Very clean and fresh! Every person we encountered was kind and helpful. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face. Our Christmas vacation was amazing and Hampton Inn was a huge part of it's success.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Season Greetings....We are happy to know that we contributed in a positive way to your Holiday experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Silver Spring.
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel location is very good. About 3 blocks from Silver Spring Metro station. Parking is valet only. Be careful to look for road signs when driving up as it's set back off the main road. Can't control HVAC which is very odd to me. Sometimes I want it cooler or warmer in the room but I can't control that. Breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us on your visit to the Silver Spring area. Happy Holidays and we look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was told there was self parking in a garage next to the hotel, but only about 30 spots in the 3 level garage were open due to construction. Valet parking is available for $15, but I prefer to come and go without having to wait for someone to bring my me my car so I ended up parking two blocks away. The hotel says it's smoke free, but my room clearly had been smoked in many times so my clothes and I smelled like I'd spent the night in a smoke filled room after just one night's stay. The breakfast was good, but not great. There was fresh fruit, but nothing on the hot breakfast bar was actually hot, just barely warm. And there weren't the usual hot breakfast bar fare like hashbrowns or homefries, nor any type meat, such as bacon, sausage or ham that are usually included when a hotel advertises a full hot breakfast bar.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and we are evaluating the issues you brought to our attention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed you expectations on your next visit to the Silver Spring area.
Webb City, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Overall it was great. The staff was competent and nice. The room was just the right size. It was also very clean. The mattress was ver comfortable. The complementary breakfast had great variety. The things that lacked a little was the internet was a little slow, the fitness center was just ok in my opinion, and the TV was a little outdated. But overall a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are looking into the issue of the speed of our Internet and appreciate your bringing this to our attention. Happy Holidays and we look forward to your next visit.