“Get option in Silver Spring”

Homewood Suites Silver Spring
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
virginia
“Get option in Silver Spring”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotel was clean, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast is hot and decent- afternoon reception was nice. Rooms were clean and comfy. Great location for walking to offices, restaurants and the metro. Furnishing were up-dated. Wifi provided throughout the hotel.

2 Thank wetlandfan
Alana S, Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This used to be one of the better, if not best, Hilton property options in Silver Spring. On my most recent stay however I found the property had fallen a bit from its previous high standards. Check-in reception was perhaps the frostiest this HHonors Diamond guest has ever experienced, and no longer occurs in a dedicated Homewood part of the property (Homewood and Hampton now share a single reception area). In the room, the bathroom drain plug was broken, the toilet seat cover was misaligned, and the ironing board was unsteady and pieces of the iron itself kept falling off. The hallway carpet was stained with bits of trash in many places. The breakfast spread remains quite good and the service there friendly. On my next visit to Silver Spring I will likely try the rebranded Doubletree across the street.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dpb132
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We currently are under renovation and by April 1st, 2014 will have new corridor carpets, and wall vinyl. In addition our Homewood Lodge will also be transformed. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations and stay with us on your next visit to our area.
Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

For the price, the amenities are unbeatable. Included breakfast 7 days a week and dinner M-Th. Rooms are well-appointed and quiet enough for a light sleeper. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the valets and dining hostesses. I stayed here for 4 weeks and would happily stay again.

1 Thank lisbef
Alana S, Public Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit.
Fairfax
Reviewed February 24, 2014

One of the nicer hotels in its price range. Friendly staff and clean, stylish rooms. Full size fridge, stove & microwave would make longer stays great. The review form requires at least 200 characters, so here's a haiku: When in Silver Spring Don't forget to bring a friend Have a nice day, folks

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Thomas L
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank your for your comments regarding your stay with us. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was the most pleasant stay I have ever experienced. Everyone was helpful, friendly and caring. Very accommadating and willing to help if needed.I would recommend to all and would love to visit again. Felt like family. The best!!! From arrival to departure.

1 Thank Cynthia L
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit. Have a great week.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Upon arrival I felt at home! The room smelt fresh, the bedding was tidy and inviting, and the kitchen was super useful for my long stay. I walked to Whole Foods (3 blocks away) and prepared my food for the week. They have take away containers so I could pack my lunch too which was super useful. The manager's reception was also wonderful for grabbing a quick bite before working out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank myearout
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and we look forward to being your host again when you next visit the Silver Spring area.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family arrived at the hotel and stayed in room 1410. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by lackluster front desk staff. They said welcome but it was delivered in a bored, checked it off the list tone. My husband asked them to look for his Hilton Honors number so we could get credit for the stay. Without looking at the computer the front desk clerk told us she couldn't find it on the computer. REALLY?? We checked in and he went upstairs to call an 800 number. The folks on the line found it immediately and assured us our stay would be credited. Once we were settled in the room I noticed sticky stains on the floor at the foot of the bed. There were also fingerprints all over the room. The cleaning staff must have simply changed the sheets and given the rest of the room a slight wipe up. The bedside phone DID NOT WORK. I found this out when I tried to call the front desk to have someone come up to clean up the sticky rug. The front desk clerk apologized for the inconvenience and offered to move us to a new room. We'd been on the highway all day so I said no. She asked me what she could do to make my stay better and I told her that she lost that chance when the room wasn't cleaned thoroughly before we arrived; you get one chance to make a first impression. The room was eventually cleaned up and they brought us some snacks to the room to compensate. When we were checking out the front desk clerk was in wrinkled clothes with her shirt-tail hanging out. Her hair was a mess and pulled back in a band. I told her about the stay and thought I should check her pulse to see if she was alive. In the end I was surprised that she comp'ed our room for the entire stay. You may ask why I'm writing this review if I was comp'ed. I am sharing this because readers should be aware that many of the staff at this hotel are simply going through the motions without any enthusiasm. You probably won't have your money refunded so stay at your own risk if you have high expectations. This is not a crisp, well-run, proactive group of people and they really don't care about delivering excellent service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pbjol
Please accept our apologies for the poor service you received during your stay at our hotel.
The service you received is not by any means typical for our property, and we have addressed the issues you brought to our attention with the appropriate staff. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. If I can be of any assistance with reservations in the future, please contact me.