“excellent”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“excellent”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was the most pleasant stay I have ever experienced. Everyone was helpful, friendly and caring. Very accommadating and willing to help if needed.I would recommend to all and would love to visit again. Felt like family. The best!!! From arrival to departure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Cynthia L
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit. Have a great week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Upon arrival I felt at home! The room smelt fresh, the bedding was tidy and inviting, and the kitchen was super useful for my long stay. I walked to Whole Foods (3 blocks away) and prepared my food for the week. They have take away containers so I could pack my lunch too which was super useful. The manager's reception was also wonderful for grabbing a quick bite before working out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank myearout
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and we look forward to being your host again when you next visit the Silver Spring area.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family arrived at the hotel and stayed in room 1410. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by lackluster front desk staff. They said welcome but it was delivered in a bored, checked it off the list tone. My husband asked them to look for his Hilton Honors number so we could get credit for the stay. Without looking at the computer the front desk clerk told us she couldn't find it on the computer. REALLY?? We checked in and he went upstairs to call an 800 number. The folks on the line found it immediately and assured us our stay would be credited. Once we were settled in the room I noticed sticky stains on the floor at the foot of the bed. There were also fingerprints all over the room. The cleaning staff must have simply changed the sheets and given the rest of the room a slight wipe up. The bedside phone DID NOT WORK. I found this out when I tried to call the front desk to have someone come up to clean up the sticky rug. The front desk clerk apologized for the inconvenience and offered to move us to a new room. We'd been on the highway all day so I said no. She asked me what she could do to make my stay better and I told her that she lost that chance when the room wasn't cleaned thoroughly before we arrived; you get one chance to make a first impression. The room was eventually cleaned up and they brought us some snacks to the room to compensate. When we were checking out the front desk clerk was in wrinkled clothes with her shirt-tail hanging out. Her hair was a mess and pulled back in a band. I told her about the stay and thought I should check her pulse to see if she was alive. In the end I was surprised that she comp'ed our room for the entire stay. You may ask why I'm writing this review if I was comp'ed. I am sharing this because readers should be aware that many of the staff at this hotel are simply going through the motions without any enthusiasm. You probably won't have your money refunded so stay at your own risk if you have high expectations. This is not a crisp, well-run, proactive group of people and they really don't care about delivering excellent service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pbjol
Please accept our apologies for the poor service you received during your stay at our hotel.
The service you received is not by any means typical for our property, and we have addressed the issues you brought to our attention with the appropriate staff. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. If I can be of any assistance with reservations in the future, please contact me.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just spent four nights here. Our daughter and 2 children were in an adjoining room which was very convenient. She could put the kids in bed and visit with us at the end of each day. We were here to sight see and visit family so did not spend much time in the hotel. We did come and go a lot and were impressed with the valets. They were extremely friendly and pleasant and always had our car ready for us. Breakfast was excellent. Something a little different every day which was a nice change from many hotel breakfast menus. I want to comment here about yogurt and all hotel breakfasts. I like nutritious yogurt, plain, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt and I never see it at any hotel. Why? Nevertheless, I was able to eat a nutritious delicious breakfast here every day. The breakfast staff were especially helpful getting the right foods for small children. The room was spacious, clean and pleasant. We all appreciated the suite with an extra room and kitchen, especially nice when traveling with little kids. The staff at the main desk always had very warm and welcoming smiles and comments for us. The hairdryer in our room did not work. I called and had a working one in less than 10 minutes at 6:25 in the morning. I very, very much appreciated that!!

1 Thank greekweaver
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this property in June 2013, with my mother and great nephew. While the hotel itself was fine, I have a MAJOR complaint about how they handled an accident.j
My 92 year old mother, who still drives and lives by herself, went down to the swimming pool and hot tub with my nephew.
The tiles in the entire swimming pool area were like slick bathroom tiles...you could not get a grip when you walked, especially if they' were wet (like in a swimming area). Everyone was complaining about how slick the tiles were.
When my mother got out of the hot tub, she slipped and fell hitting her head on the corner of a huge square METAL tree stand (IN A POOL AREA ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) and ended up in the hospital for two days with a concussion.
As it turns out the emergency phone in the pool area did not work...so it took longer to contact emergency personnel.
As a result of this accident I had to incur the cost to rent a car and drive us home instead of taking Amtrak home as planned.
The swimming pool company is not going to pay one penny of the medical bills.
But to add insult to injury, this HILTON property didn't offer anything...I had to pay for the entire stay. No free night coupon, no nothing. They put a life endangering metal tree stand right next to the hot tub, which causes an injury and they can't even offer to comp our room?
That's really poor customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Debra A
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The stay was overshadowed by a bad parking with valet parking. The service was extremely slow. They definitely need additional help since self parking is not an option. Extended wait times caused my party to be late for an event that we attended. Will not choose this facility if in this area again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We have shared these comments with our Valet staff and feel sure you will see a marked improvement on your next visit.
Merritt Isalnd, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am disabled and the staff did nothing to accommodate my needs as far as assisting with luggage to the room, even after I asked. The front desk clerks looked like they climbed out of a dirty cloths hamper. Not what I expected from a Hilton and I have stayed at a lot of them.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Please accept our apologies for the lack of service you received on your recent visit to our hotel.
Should you decide to visit our hotel again, please contact me directly and i will be happy to assit you with your reservation .