Homewood Suites Silver Spring
$105
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$129
$119
Hampton.com
$119
$113
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$118
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$112
$105
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$110
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$99
$84
$85
All reviewsvalet parkingfull kitchensofa bedbreakfast and dinnerdc areaextended staymetro stationmovie theaterhome away from homeacross the streetbreakfast roomwhole foodswe've stayedthe hotel managerfamily tripfew blockslocation is great
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was very accommodating and the administrative and management staff were very friendly and professional. The location of the hotel was PERFECT for what we needed! The rooms are very large, the beds are very comfortable, management is AWESOME!!! The breakfast could have been a little bit better, but overall it was good. I would definitely stay there again if I needed too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I feel that the accommodations were excellent but I was very annoyed that when I made reservations by phone for the hotel, I was told that the price would be the same by phone or online. That was clearly untrue and I didn't appreciate paying $80 more for two nights than other guests paid. However, the hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. Also, the hotel is in an excellent location with stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

An interesting concept: two hotels (Homewood Suites & Hampton Inn) in one building. Homewood Suites gets to be "in the back." 4 blocks from DC Metro Station which is also a MARC station. Theaters (film & stage) less than two blocks in most cases. Eating spots out the wazoo. Valet parking only (not needed in my case though as I can walk where I need to be). Great evening food (I may have lower standards than most though) Mon-Thu. Terrific breakfasts (see prior qualifying statement) though the grits texture varies greatly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll admit from the go that I'm a huge fan of Homewood Suites for their sheer value of what you get for your money - especially when you're planning to stay in the area for a few days. Once again, Homewood Suites was great - though there is a tricky bit you'll want to be aware of. More on that in a moment. Let's talk staff: All very nice and very helpful - especially the valet who tipped us to the fact that we wouldn't have to pay for parking because it was a Sunday (our sightseeing day). The lifeguard at the pool seemed a bit overwhelmed with the rowdy bunch screaming up the joint. Still, he did very well. The fitness center was well equipped and the room was great. A decent delineation between the sofa bed for the kids and the "grown up space" was sufficient. And as always, the kitchenette was perfect. In all, the experience was perfect, except for two things:
1) Having to pay for parking. As in, there is no choice about it - you MUST valet...and it's a hearty $15 per day. Still, the valet crew was great and make good time in getting our vehicle to the front door (even though we forgot to call down in advance). Still, I'm not a fan of being forced into anything, especially something that seems as rudimentary as parking where you're staying.
2) We were there through a weekend, so we were only able to sample breakfast, but here's the tricky part - the Homewood Suites is literally attached to the Hilton Garden Inn. If you want to avoid the panic attack-inducing cattlecall at breakfast time, make sure your turn left out of the elevators and head for the "Lodge," which can only be accessed via your room key. LIFESAVER! I wish the front desk had told us about that on check-in (as we had to figure it out ourselves....and almost didn't).

In all, however, this was another great Homewood Suites experience. And if I need a hotel as a base for exploring the DC-area, THIS will be where I stay. It's perfectly located and a great value. You really can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: Make sure you find the batcave entrance to the "Homewood Suites only" food space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thecynthia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The valet parking made it easy to get our bags out of the car and into the hotel. There was a basketball tournament in town, so there were a lot of children at the hotel. But once we got into our room, we didn't hear a thing. The rooms were clean and had enough room for our two girls to spread out their toys and play. There is a lifeguard at the pool area and he kept control of the 30 or so children who were there. There were enough clean towels for everyone. The breakfast was good, but the waffle maker on the Hampton side (the girls wanted to make their own waffles) didn't quiet get the waffles done enough. The hotel is locate a short walk away from the subway, so I would recommend that you leave the car parked to avoid expensive parking I Washington DC and take the "Metro" into town. The hotel does take you to the Metro Station, but doesn't pick you up. At the station, we were able to buy passes that allowed us to travel all day long. Please note that when coming out of the station, you must also have a pass to get out. This hotel has a variety of restraunts and a movie theater just one block away. This hotel has easy access to the highway, so it doesn't take long to get anywhere from here. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family