“Homemade Italian”
Review of Da Marco Italian Gourmet - CLOSED

Da Marco Italian Gourmet
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our walk from the Metro in Silver Springs to our hotel. It's a small Italian place that is very unassuming. Dinners were quite reasonable and came with salad. I had the linguine with meatballs for $14 and my husband had the chicken with Linguine and mushrooms in a wine sauce for $16. Both meals came with bread and salads. The food was surprisingly good and the sauces were clearly homemade. Our server was very efficient and the overall experience was good. We were tired after a long day of touring and this was a perfect quick dinner

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Downtown Italian place is family run with home made fare. The chef/owner is usually on premises. The restaurant is converted from very casual to table cloth service between lunch and dinner.

Service is friendly and salad and bread is included with dinners. Some evenings are specialty nights such as pizza night ( not a usual menu item and regular menu not available).

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First the good news - the food is very good and the prices are reasonable. We shared fried calamari, chicken cutlet with pasta, and the house Chianti; all were very good. The main courses were served with an uninspired but good house salad. The service was very attentive and polite.

Now the bad news - we arrived at 5:45 p.m. just after the doors opened (for a pre-movie dinner), and the place was freezing. I had to wear my winter coat in order to stay warm. And, while there were absolutely no other diners when we entered, our request to be seated under one of the heat registers was denied because that was a table for four and there were only two of us. This made for a very cold and unpleasant dinner. The overall ambiance is really just average. For example, the lighting is poor - a hodgepodge of candelabras, ceiling fans and flourescent lights covered with a lattice work.

My suggestion to the owners: turn the heat up well before you open for business and accommodate diners' reasonable requests for better/different seating. I certainly will not be back during the winter months - there are just too many other good Italian restaurants that are more responsive to customer requests.

1  Thank IAP65
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved the thin crust pizza and $10 off bottles of wine is a definite plus, even though I only ordered a glass. Service was EXCELLENT! Very peaceful and cozy at 9pm ok a Tuesday, and located in a great area to walk around. We like pizza, and this hit the spot!!

1  Thank courtneymccollum
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pros:

* It's family owned and operated
* The owners are very friendly and interact with customer
* food is prompt and tasty
* fresh ingredients
* Walking distance from the Silver Spring Metro
* Walking distance from all downtown Silver Spring attractions
* Not a chain store!