“What you see is what you get”
Review of Da Marco Italian Gourmet - CLOSED

Da Marco Italian Gourmet
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is difficult to believe that it is not easy to find decent traditional italian food these days. Either you find upscale places that are "cutsy" or down scale locales that make tomato sauce out of cheap ingredients like tomato paste - acidic and poor. De Marco is definitely not upscale, a reasonably priced traditional place with a good marinara sauce and decent ingredients. The ambiance is nothing special but the service is good and the pasta is tasty. What more can you ask for? Try it!

1  Thank waterlogged65

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has a fairly good selection of homemade pastas a somewhat below average wine list, and advertises a grappa bar, but does not have many. However, the experience was still very good, mainly because of the ambience. The owner is delightful.

1  Thank SrgnFsh
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to visit family in December and found this wonderful little restaurant which was within walking distance from our hotel. What a little gem. We had the house special, a pasta dish with spaghetti with a red cream sauce, peas, and little morsels of ham and I believe walnuts. It was fantastic. It came with a side salad. My spouse and I shared it along with a Caprese salad. We could barely finish the meal it was so big. every taste was better than the one before. We went early on a Saturday evening and it was not too crowded, but by the time we left it was packed. So I must advise to go early and try this place if you haven't. The wait staff could not have been any better. And I must admit that I was a little scared to go to a place with the name of a place in Houston that we ate at in Houston that was the worst in the land, and am so glad that we gave this place a try. Will return on our next trip to the DC area.

1  Thank chefluee
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Operated by a husband and wife. It is is a close to homemade as you'll find in Silver Spring. The wife is in the kitchen and husband supervises the front. Very reasonable and friendly.

1  Thank Getawaynow20005
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Food is great. Caprese salad and calamari the perfect start. I had linguini with clams, very good. My family raved about the pumpkin ravioli, scallops and carbonara. Tiramisu and cannoli were excellent as well. Suggestion to owner, add white table cloths and place would be just perfect. We will return.

1  Thank MonGourmet