“Good location and nice Happy Hour”

McGinty's Public House and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 379 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good location and nice Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Did happy hour with my wife and son-drinks and food came out fast and were all very tasty. Our server was from Dublin and was a breath of fresh air.

“Frog Legs”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

When my friend and I finished watching OZ, we strolled up the street and saw this McGinty Pub. We had intended to go the Red Lobster but after looking at the menu posted outside the Restaurant we figured to give it a try.
We started off with the frog legs, which the waiters had told tasted just like chicken but chewy like calamari. And that was totally correct. My friend order the stew sampler. This was a very good choice and if I go back I will order this. It had 3 different stews on there which were all very good. I had the hamburger and fries that weren't bad but lets face it that is a stable at a pub.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NicoleH1
Kensington, MD
“faux Irish”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The booking agent for the bands upstairs is hitting at about a .200 clip. The bartenders usually need a flairgun to get their attention.

Visited March 2012
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Big roomy place”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

here with a large business group and had a buffet servered to us. The food was OK. I would prefer to order from the menu.
Beer in bottle was not very cold.

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average food. Less than average service.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been here a couple of times. The food was only okay and I didn't feel particularly welcome. Staff took their time greeting me and acted like they were doing me a favor.

That, and the average tasting food sold at high prices, convinced me that I should take myself and my money elsewhere.

Visited April 2012