“Great Food when they don't substitute”
Review of Garry's Grill

Garry's Grill
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Severna Park
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Garry's is one of those places you love to go to because it is a great little casual local place. I love the black and white photos hanging on the walls of Severna Park in the past. The menu is varied and the food is very good. The only negative is that over the years they have substituted a primary ingredient in a dish without telling me they ran out a handful of times. I have found that frustrating. However, it is so popular you know that they are serving many wonderful meals. Sometimes you do have to wait for a table, like on weekend mornings, but the service is very fast once you get in. The pumpkin muffins that they offer are awesome and they have a great selection of delicious desserts in a case near the front. We enjoy getting dessert to go to eat later. We have also purchased a 4 pack of large muffins to 'pay' a dog sitter. Boy did she appreciate that!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited Garry's Grill with my wife and 10 month old daughter on a Sunday morning for breakfast. I found out about Garry's through a Groupon promotion, and heard good things about it when I asked some local friends who had tried it out.

First, realize that the place is small. We showed up before the typical post-church breakfast crowd, and still had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, so be prepared if you try to go during peak hours. The seating was a bit cramped with the high chair placed next to our booth. I'd say this isn't the greatest place for families with small children, but it's doable.

Our waiter was very cheerful and attentive. All of the staff was wearing their Ravens gear for the football game that day, and they all gave my wife and I a little bit of good-natured trash talk for my Eagles jersey and her Giants t-shirt. I actually like that sort of thing, so to me, this was a plus to the overall experience. I ordered a "kitchen sink" omelette, and my wife ordered the All-American Skillet. Our food was delivered quickly, was well-prepared, and it all tasted pretty good. Even without the Groupon, the prices would have been very reasonable. With the discount, we walked out feeling like we got a really great deal. I look forward to returning to Garry's Grill for breakfast again, as well as checking out their breakfast and lunch menu.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Still like Garry's but it is just not the same. Maybe because the old well-known faces are gone--and the menu is different. Nonetheless, it is still very good food and pretty good service

1  Thank doclaura09
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We often opt for Garry's Grill when we're looking a casual evening and excellent food prepared on site. It's small and popular so we often have to wait 10-15 minutes for a table but it's worth it. Service is always good.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My Mom & I used to go here because she loved their homemade pickles (?). I moved away, my Mom passed away and time marched on. Years later I moved back to the area with my husband and 2 kids. We go to Garry's at least every couple of months. I am so used to being there that I take for granted how good the food is, how nice the atmosphere is, what kind servers they have. We are so lucky to have this restaurant in our area. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars.