“Boring”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What happened to Woodfire? We went for lunch yesterday anticipating yummy salads. We started with old bay wings which were good although a bit greasy. I had the woodfire salad with grilled shrimp, nice but the shrimp had a peculiar odor to them. My guest had a spinach salad topped with salmon. His response was: that was so boring, I make better salads at home. The service was good and our waiter was very prompt and polite. Time to update your recipes a bit.

1  Thank g p
There are newer reviews for Woodfire Restaurant

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wood fire has always been our local favorite for nice dining without a drive. Our dinner last night was a serious disappointment. We started with a seared tuna appetizer that was very good and fried calamari that was salty, grossly over breaded, and served with an overlooked marinara with a consistency of pudding. The main course was an acceptable blackened catfish and shrimp, very ordinary ribs with almost no sauce, and grilled salmon that had been in the cooler way too long and smelled very bad.I told the waiter about the salmon and it was removed from the bill with no argument.

Service was good and attentive. My wife said as we were leaving that her last meal there was also unsatisfactory. It is really sad because this was a solid local restaurant with good food. It is off our list now however

1  Thank chet_Maryland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was just an ok experience for our family. My son really disliked their very smoky tasting burgers. It was ok service.

1  Thank BrewCrew21122
Reviewed December 14, 2012

have you ever just been craving a good burger?? Last nite all I wanted was a good hamburger and I found it at Woodfire.. The burger was cooked right to the order and the fries were spot on. We also had the onion soup that was very tasty with lots of onions and the melted cheese was also very good.. and for dessert the creme brulee was light ,smooth and very good. One extra here was the service. I felt our waiter was very good showing the right amount of intrest without over doing it.. All around a good dinner..

1  Thank len b
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Woodfire is my "goto" place for a business lunch near my office. The staff is always attentive, the food is good, and the parking and location are easy. There is also a "Backroom" which in the evenings is a lounge/bar, but can also be used for a meeting space.

Personally I enjoy the salads they have and have added the grilled chicken and the pistachio chicken as toppers. They also will add seafood, and steak as options. The pasta had been a success with associates I have taken to lunch as well.

This isn't five star dining, but it is good casual lunch and dinner dining that isn't a Fastfood place. Also, they do smoke their foods, so the aroma is fantastic when you walk in the shop.

1  Thank stlpilot