“Great little place, nice people”
Review of Annapolis Seafood Market - CLOSED

Annapolis Seafood Market
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Germantown Maryland
“Great little place, nice people”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I am reviewing the location on Route 2. My Dad and I had lunch there on Saturday of last week. As usual the waitress was friendly and has been there for years. I had the crabcake sandwich which is always good, dad had shrimp salad that he enjoyed. French Fries were nice and crispy,well done!

A great place to go for a reasonable lunch with nice folks.

• Visited February 2012

annapolis, md
“tucked away in an unauspicious spot is delicious real Maryland seafood”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I am writing about the Annapolis Seafood Market on Rt 2 South in Edgewater. I assume this is a branch of the other restaurants by the same name in Severna Park (20 mles north) and Annapolis (6 miles north approx).
This place is a seafood "market" with a separate, small, tidy and pleasant eating area. I went there late yesterday afternoon with a friend. Both of us had a fantastic "butternut squash cream of crab soup" that I think was a special of the day. Unbelievably delicious and subtle. I asked the waitress about it (thinking I could replicate it at home) and she said it was hard to make since they had to spend alot of time pureeing the squash. Also, the waitress said the crab was from Maryland and not from Thailand or China the way alot of "Maryland style" crab products are nowadays. As an aside, Maryland had a record harvest of crabs these past two years. Md crab costs more so some restaurants buy inferior crab (to my mind) from out of the state/country. I prefer to support local crabbers and local non-chain restaurants. Plus you get what you pay for. Also had fried oysters that were plump and excellent, fried part was lightly breaded. I asked for ginger ale and got a massive glass and then a refill without asking.
There are only a few tables and chairs here. I noticed several people came in and were eating alone. They serve beer, maybe wine. Quiet unpretentious spot, no TV blaring. Very good for what it does, quietly. Another place you'll need your GPS to find.

• Visited November 2011
New York City, New York
“***REALLY BAD CRABS at Forest Drive Store** DONT GO THERE AGAIN”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I heard a lot about that place and went to their "Forest Drive Store" in Annapolis on August 2nd. On menu they put few nice words such as "Fresh", Local and Honest. I bought 12 large crabs and especially asked for fresh crabs. When I ate them at my hotel, all crabs were very old and meat was dried and shrunk. I ate 2 or 3 and threw rest of the crabs. I am really disappointed and want to share my bad experience with readers. This place also send seafood shipments to other cities so please don’t trust them and don’t go there or place any order for the bad food.

Thank you.
Babar Zeeshan

• Visited August 2011
Riverside, Connecticut
“Down home seafood with flair and imagination in fish market setting”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We've drive past it a hundred times, but never thought there was a spectacular seafood restaurant inside the unpretentious cinder block exterior of this fish marke. Like Black Salt in DC. Try the salmon sausage with horseradish mustard and the cream of crab soup. Spectacular!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Want awesome cream of crab soup...well this is the place. YUM! And the shrimp salad is delicious as well. Tends to be a...”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Want awesome cream of crab soup...well this is the place. YUM! And the shrimp salad is delicious as well. Tends to be a bit pricey but worth it!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook