“Not all that...”

Brian Boru
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Severna Park
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Irish Pub and Restaurant with a menu to feature classic Irish Fare, mixed with contemporary favorites like our corned beef poppers. We also have vegetarian, and gluten free options. Our chef chooses fresh local ingredients, as well as hand cuts our steaks and fish. Our first cut corned beef is prepared in house and is a local favorite. Our pub is warm, and we have live local music Thursday thru Saturday nights, and our Sunday Brunch is award winning featuring a full buffet and $1.50 Mimosas. We get our oysters local and fresh daily and pride ourselves on being a local oyster recovery station and certified green restaurant.
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Brian Boru is a pleasantly themed Irish family restaurant and pub, located in the heart of Severna Park. All though the pub is lively, the waitstaff isn't too friendly or efficient. Being an Irish girl, I feel the food is mediocre. The saving grace for this establishment is the ice cold Guinness, their selection of scotch, and the fantastic potato soup.

1  Thank luckygirloc
There are newer reviews for Brian Boru

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our visit on 2/10/2013 proved very vsatisfying for our group of 6. Our reservation was a good idea, the place was moderately busy. It was our first time for brunch at Brian Boru. We were greeted by a friendly server, who offered us made to order omelette cards, took our drink orders, and turned us loose on the buffet. In addition to the brunch standards, we found shepherds pie, real creamed chipped beef and corned beef hash. Irish toast was a nice twist on french toast. We learned that two dishes rotate weekly: this week's rotations were jumbalaya and a tasty cauliflower casserole. My favorite on the dessert table was the bread pudding, and I clearly wasn't alone in loving this sweet treat. At $13.99/person, we were more than satisfied.

1  Thank OmGrlJenn
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great spot to stop on your way up the Richie Hwy. Stellar service, fantastic food. Comfort food, made with top quality ingredients.

1  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed January 25, 2013

They have great appetizers (1/2 price on Thursdays) and they have other special deals each other night of the week it seems. They have the most delicious Shephard's Pie. We also enjoyed their Sunday Brunch.

1  Thank BrewCrew21122
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been here more times than I can count. The crab cake sandwich is excellent. The children's chicken tenders are absolutely succulent -- order them for your kid, and I guarantee you'll be sneaking at least one off their plate.

The fried goat cheese -- wonderful! -- no kidding either, because I know it sounds absolutely undesirable. (Although I will note that after about two of them, the taste starts to get a bit chalky. So plan on sharing.)

Then, drum roll please... the best thing on the menu ... CORN BEEF POPPERS! Oh, so good. Leave your diet behind and seize the cholesterol.

Ambiance is the best in Severna Park. (Yeah, I know that's not saying much.) But they were inventive because they frosted the windows with a nice Irish design, so you get light in the restaurant without having to stare out into a parking lot.

The brunch is only so-so. Go for brunch, but order off the menu, in my opinion.

Clean, friendly, even the bathrooms are acceptable (and I'm a stickler for clean bathrooms in restaurants!)

Go once and you'll go again and again!

1  Thank Karitraveling