“Avery nice restaurnat in a historic building”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ram's Head Tavern

Ram's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ram's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Savage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Sparta, NJ
“Avery nice restaurnat in a historic building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

We went here for lunch. The food was well prepared and the menu had a very repectable number of selections. Everyone in our party enjoyed the meal and the service. It is in an 18th century mill building so the layout and decor were very unique and pleasing. The atmosphere was relaxed for lunch but I believe it could be more formal (romantic) at dinner time.The drinks were good and the bar offers several unigue beers and ales . This was a very good eating experience which I recommend.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank PortiaAnn

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Local Restaurant - Love the Patio & Happy Hour Specials!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we want some good food, Ram's Head Tavern is one of our favorite local options. When the weather is nice, the deck is a great place to relax while you eat. Each weeknight they have a good happy hour - $2.75 drink specials and complimentary happy hour food (wings, etc) that changes by the night.

The thing that really stands out to me occured on our most recent visit. When my meal arrived, it was not the way that I had ordered it. When our waitress came to check on us, I pointed out that my meal was not as I had ordered it. She offered to bring me a new plate but I declined her offer. Within 5 minutes, a manager stopped by our table and informed us that he had taken my meal off of the bill. He also insisted on sending out a new meal for me. Since I said I didn't want it now, he boxed it up to go. Mistakes happen and I understand that - I appreciate the way it was handled!

• Visited March 2012
Baltimore
“Nice neighborhood place with lots of choices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Located in historic Savage Mill, this is an interesting place with the architecture and being able to walk on the original floorboards on the steps. You have a number of dining choices here, and I don't just mean the food and drink, which is certainly there... but I'm talking about the choices of atmosphere in which you dine.

On the bottom floor is the Rathskeller Bar...strictly a loud bar with munchies...you can probably get food there, but I can't vouch for that. The middle level is where we ate today (and the first time we ate on this floor). This was a combination bar-restaurant with a TV in each of the corners playing some sports game. It was fun eating here, although a bit noisy. The top floor, where I've eaten many times, is pretty quiet and is only for dining, although you can of course order drinks here, too.

The food is good, hot, plentiful, and some items are quite interesting (in a good way). We always have great time here.

• Visited January 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Bad service, bad food, bad atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I went to Rams Head with a client, a coworker and my husband for an "event" that no one who worked at Rams Head seemed to know about. Mind you, Rams Head advertised the event on their Facebook page. The manager was unnecessarily rude about the situation. We decided to stay to watch the baseball playoff game. We ordered fish & chips and chicken fingers. The fish looked and tasted like rubber. The chicken was not much better, very bland, no taste. When we asked our server to take the fish back, and change it for another order of tenders, she informed us she was off the clock, but would go ahead and put it in. We could've left without paying, no one would have known the difference. When the chicken tenders finally arrived, we were ready to just get out of there. The bartender we spoke to ended up taking 1 of the tenders off the bill, and offered us a round of drinks on the house. Bottom line, bad service, bad food, won't go back

Baltimore, Maryland
“Erratic Service...but very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I visited Rams Head on this Saturday night with 10 long time co-worker/friends. Overall the quality of the food and drink was very good, but the responsiveness of the staff and timing was poor. We first ordered a round of drinks, and appetizers, yet even after the appetizers were served and finished, we still waited to place our entree orders. The waiter completely missed a mixed drink for one of the party until he was reminded twice!. He was very nice and seemed genuinely interested in serving us, but he seemed very unorganized... The appetizers: large onion rings, nachos, crab dip, and a "Cheese Louise" were all tasty. When the salads and soups were served, he again was short a salad and soup and had to be reminded. The jalapeno vinaigrette salad dressing was very tasty. Then about 2 minutes later our entrees were delivered, before anyone had time to enjoy the salads! My entree was the Ahi Tuna dinner, which came with two very generous servings of perfectly done (rare, of course) tuna encrusted with sesame seeds resting on a nice bed of seaweed salad (the first seaweed salad that I've actually enjoyed as most seems to have a fishy taste). The Filet Mignon was great according to one friend, and most everyone else finished their entrees without complaint. The grilled salmon looked pretty good as did the burger. Our bill arrived with an 18% gratuity, which was much too generous given the service received. I've been to Rams Head other times,in smaller groups and the service was acceptable, but the food has always been pretty good.

• Visited October 2011