“Lots of but TIRED!”

Terrapin Adventures
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Savage
More attraction details
Owner description: Clip in and take off on a unique outdoor adventure. Soar through the air and defy gravity! Launch your adventure by scaling one of the 12 routes of our Terrapin Tower. Conquer all 25 of our Terrapin High and Low Challenge Course Elements. Experience 2 G's of force on our Giant Swing. Enjoy the thrill of gliding through the forest canopy on our Zip Line. We call it no sweat adrenaline! You will call it A Blast!Join us for:Team Building, Parties for adults or kids, a fun day with family or friends, kayak tours, kayak rentals, mountain biking, bike tours, bike rentals, river tubing and more...Challenging outdoor activities for anyone 8-80. Come with your friends or family, singles groups, classmates, scouts, religious organizations or co-workers. Celebrate a great event or a beautiful day.
Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lots of but TIRED!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My daughter and did the big pkg $83 for 4 hours and included all things. The guides were good, but there should have been a better way to manage the "back ups" with the people, I don't know if it was over scheduling or what. Also I was surprised about how much upper body strength was needed, and I'm not in awful shape. If go take a cooler or bring drinks to keep in your car. I got awfully thirsty in 4 hrs. Zip lining was great. I recommend it.

Visited November 2012

Edgewood, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kayaking”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our guide Steve was wonderful; very knowledgeable and entertaining. This was great for beginners but not necessarily for someone who has kayaked before and it looking for a little more of a thrill. I definitely recommend this if you are new to kayaking and would like to learn how to properly handle your kayak out on the water and are looking for very calm waters to practice. Overall this was a nice, relaxing experience and the weather was perfect!! I look forward to the Terrapin Challenge and the Giant Swing!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Holly D
Baltimore, Maryland
“MUCH more fun than expected!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I won tickets for my son for "zombie apocalypse training day". He had a blast!!!!!! I didn't know there was a place so close to Baltimore that had activities like this. I am recommending it to everyone!!

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Team Building for our Organization”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had the great opportunity to take my leadership team to Terrapin Adventures for some team building. We started with the low course and worked through several tasks that really showcased some of our weaknesses and strengths. After the exercises, we were able to blow off some steam and take advantage of the drop swing and zip line. Both gave us some moments that as a team we will never forget!

The best part of the experience was the staff. Headed by Matt Baker, the Chief Adventure Officer, he has put a priority on service, closely mirroring what we believe in for our guests. Ali, the blonde ninja who lead our group, was knowledgeable, entertaining and very easy to work with. A special thank you also goes to Megan for catching us on the zip line.

All in all, Terrapin Adventures is a great place for corporate fun as well and family entertainment. A few of us here are already planning our next trip to take on the high course and the climbing wall.

Visited September 2012
Roebling, New Jersey
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Surprised!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

And not in a good way...
The place was difficult to find - we happened to have seen the sign on the highway and decided to check it out after looking it up on the phone
Once we got to the Mill we couldn't find the office, once we found it and I walked up to the desk, the young gentleman working behind the desk was on the phone, and shoved a piece of paper in my face with the information on it. I looked over it and waited patiently for him to get off of the phone.
Once he was off the phone, we was slightly short with me, and basically didn't let me ask my questions to tell me that the zip line was not open due to the fact that they had 100 kids out there.
I was just upset at his shortness with me and opted to not ask about other options.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank misstink1785
jerylb, Owner at Terrapin Adventures, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your walk-in request. We do our best to fit guest in without detracting from those groups and individuals who reserved ahead of time. Sometimes we just cannot make it work and I hope you try in the future by booking online or calling ahead. By reserving more than 14 days ahead, we offer a 5% discount.