“Wow!”

The Adventure Park at Sandy Spring
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The largest Adventure Park in North America. Challenge Yourself! 187 Platforms high in The Trees, covering 5 acres, interconnected by zip lines, ropes, obstacles, challenges and fun! 13 Separate courses, 6 difficulty levels, from beginner to insane. Unlimited climbing for 3 hours. Ages 5 - 84 (so far!) Advanced group reservations welcome 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great day to spend 3 hrs. I have been to 2 other similar parks and this has to be the most "technical" of them all. You don't have to be a gym rat to have fun (just make sure you stay on the easy courses). Those who want to (and are able to) take it up a notch, there are more advance courses that will keep you occupied. The staff is friendly/helpful. If this is your first time, don't hesitate to ask their opinion on which, of the multiple courses, to choose.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the Adventure Park a few times now. The staff is very friendly and thorough in the instructions. They have so many different courses that vary in difficulty. They now have kids courses too that are a little easier and less complicated. You and your family will love it.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

WOW! This is one of the greatest trips I have done with my kids! We spent an afternoon at The Adventure Park and had the best time! My kids, ages, 7,9,13,and 16 loved every part of it. We arrived there shortly before opening which was great, because we filled out all the paper work. We did the 90 min pass for $27. They even added in an extra half hr for instructions and practice on the ground. The staff was amazing, very friendly and helpful, especially Ben. This is a great activity for kids of all ages. I was a little nervous at first on how my 7 yr old who do, but it really is easy once you get the hang of it, (no pun intended here!) It is totally safe as well, there really is no way to fall off. I didn't realize how much of a workout it is. The weather was great, but we were all pretty sweaty after 2 hrs and you really use your upper body strength at some points. It was terrific, because we all started off on the easy trails, and the older kids went off to the harder ones after. After two hrs, they didn't want to leave! This is amongst the greatest day trips we have done! It is not cheap, but well worth every penny. I would highly recommend this for an amazing family outing that both parents and kids would remember for a long time. This is a trip I would love to do again as a special treat. It was truly awesome!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My four children, ages 12, 10, 8, and 5 all LOVE Adventure Park! We have been many times for birthday parties, scouting overnights, summer field trips--you name it! We climb in the rain, cold, heat--doesn't matter to us, we are full on addicts! It works for all ages--I love seeing my older kids zip around on their own, and have a great time climbing with my younger two (beginner level is still plenty of excitement for me!). Really good group deals for I think just 8 or more climbers--just get another family to go in with you and make a day of it. Staff is friendly, helpful, but not smothering. Perfect place for a perfect day.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My 11-year old son had a wonderful party at the park and I highly receomemnd it. The Park staff and managemnt were superb in making party arrangements