“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Philadelphia, United States
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The room was clean and neat. The staff were very accommodating with servicing our room later since we got late starts most days. The desk staff was helpful with directions and local information. The complimentary hot breakfast and all day coffee/ tea service was nice. Twice I requested hot water for tea later in the evening and it was brought up quickly. Really enjoyed stay. In good area for shopping and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Cosheena S:

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Salisbury and taking the time to review our property. I am very pleased to hear all the kind words you had to say and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you on your next trip to Salisbury and we look forward to housing you again.

Tom Farina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
East Berlin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Overall experience was good, I would stay here again in the future. Staff was friendly and accomodating, good location, clean rooms. Only complaint was bathroom fixtures were loose (bathtub faucet), however did work, just scarred it was going to fall off. Also, the pool was big, however seemed like it wasn't working as effeciently as it should (didn't see the water filtering as typically does). The location was great with plenty of restaurants and shopping, yet the area was nice, well maintained, and plenty of room for my dog to walk around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Roseann K:

Thank you for reviewing our facility. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was well accomodating. I am sorry to hear about the fixtures in your room and the pool. If it was reported, I am sure my team was on it to fix the issues at hand. Thank you again and I will hope to see you on your next trip to Salisbury.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

There was a mix of clientele here - those spending the night as part of a longer drive (we were on our way from CT to Duck, NC) and many staying here for access to MD beaches.

For a roadtripper, the hotel was adequate. Beds comfortable. Room clean, Easy parking, Access to plenty of restaurants in the area. Friendly front desk staff and a moderately priced and stocked little candy/soda selection by the front desk.

The only complaint is that they were short on pillows...we wanted an extra and they were OUT. How does that happen? That's like McDonalds running out of hamburgers. Oh, and the fruit flies hanging out near the free breakfast were an added nuisance.

Again, adequate for a one night layover...I would NOT want to be spending my whole vacation here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cubfanjim
Tom F, Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Cubfanjm:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am pleased to hear that for the most part your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry about the pillows or lack there of. Normally we do have extra pillows on hand but it is hard to keep an overabundance on those and we cannot always predict how many people will ask for extra pillows. I will make sure to keep it in mind for next year. I understand how frustrating it is with the fruit flies. We do our best to keep control of them. Thank you again and hopefully you will give us another chance on your next trip to the area.

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice our room was good except we did not have a TV remote and had to ask for one. I asked for some extra pillows as well around 2pm. It was not till I called again at 11:30pm that they told me they were all out.
The breakfast quarters were cramped and the food was not that great. The service was ok, they were nice but it was not service with a smile. This hotel was fine but in the future I'm gonna stick with Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jmcurl
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear jmcurl:

Thank you for reviewing our facility. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a remore control. The staff is to ensure the rooms have everything needed before guests arrive and it appears they fell short on this one. I also aplogize for the extended period of time the staff informed you that there were no extra pillows. The team member fell short in not requesting with Housekeeping in time and the late shift person did not know the location where the extra pillows were located. Both of these issues should not have occured. I am sorry to hear that you will not be back to stay with us again but I do hope you would reconsider us on your next trip to Salisbury. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

As always, clean, comfortable room. Full breakfast including fruit. Larger tha normal pool and fitness room; cardio, free weights and weight pulleys - with adjacent pool tables as well! Located less than a quarter mile from the main mall.

Dear NEroadwarrior53:

Thank you for staying with our property and taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay and that you were able to enjoy our amenities. I hope to see you on your next trip back to Salisbury. Thank you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently and were overall happy with the accommodations. Upon check-in, our room wasn't ready but the staff quickly moved us to a room that was. The room smelled fresh and clean and overall what you come to expect of a Hampton Inn. The beds were comfortable, although a little small as I prefer queen size vs double beds that was here. The air conditioner worked well during the day, but struggled at night as the a/c compressor cycled too quick to keep the room very cool. I don't think the temperature control knob worked. The indoor pool was very nice and was larger then many hotels I've stayed at. The only disappointment was the free wi-fi wasn't very reliable in our room and kept booting us off. The breakfast was good overall, although the food serving area was small and quite cramped for the amount of guests there was. The breakfast seating area was fine though. Overall, I would stay here again the next time I'm visiting the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear LarsJack90:

Thank you for reviewing our property. I was happy to hear that despite the fact there were some unpleasantries, you had a great stay and plan to return to the area. I have made sure that Maintenance took care of the AC problem. I know how hard it could be to sleep during the hot summer nights without an air conditioner. Thank you for your loyalty and see you the next time you are in Salisbury.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place saved our lives!!
My brother was getting married in asseteaque island- an area familiarly enough between OCM and Chincoteaque.
During peak season summer when all the northeast families are taking vacay on the beach, we were looking at a 2 night minium stay when we couldnt get the time off to travel and really couldnt afford that and a rental car to drive to the actual wedding location and reception.

We called around to places nearby asseteaque and no one was very helpful
When we called Hampton Inn we spoke to Doug. HE WAS AMAZING!!
He was more than accomodating with the dates, rates, room availability and hints on the area to where we needed to be for the wedding and reception , even mentioning if we needed the room early to just call ahead and he would make sure to make it happen.

We drove from NYC, left uber early to avoid traffic and when we were approaching Delmar area we called and spoke to Marie(? front desk) when we told her we had been driving all morning and day we just wanted to check in to take a nap and freshen up before we left for the wedding she had mentioned the property was sold out the night before and she was worried there was nothing she could do. We explained to her we spoke to doug and werent trying to be pushy but anything she could do- MAN DID SHE COME THROUGH.
We arrived and she had our keys ready.
Overall you will deal with THEE NICEST LADIES AT CHECK IN/OUT!!
Went above and beyond and it did not go un noticed.

This property is beautiful!
Nice, and clean- great rooms, nice space, good showers/water pressure.
Amazing beds and pillows- fluffy duvets cleaned daily on premise-and when we slept we forgot where we were, lol

Great amenities;GREAT AND HELPFUL STAFF!!!, free breakfast, pool, free parking.
Free coffee out all day, snack hut at entrance near check in.

We had a fantastic stay and would DEFINITELY reccommend this place to anyone!!
Whether you're passing through and just need a place to rest alone or with the family, or a great cheap place to stay removed from the craziness of OCM if you dont mind the drive- LOOK. NO. FURTHER.
You will enjoy the time you are there!

special thanks to Doug, Marie(? front desk) and Julia(? front desk) - you are guys truly thee nicest people,you are bringing the meaning of service to your property- they should be so honored to have you!

1 Thank pamela m
Dear pamela m:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. It is always nice to hear from our guests and get feedback postiive or negative and I must say, this was was the top of the positive list. The staff was ecstatic when they read the review and saw how their hard work pays off. I hope to see you again on your next trip back to Salisbury and thank you for your conitnued loyalty.