“Nice hotel, but tight breakfast quarters”

Hampton Inn Salisbury
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean ... standard for Hampton Inns. We especially like the fact that they use fitted sheets on the bed. Many hotels use flat sheets, and they tend to come apart quickly. The breakfast was fairly standard stuff, however, the scrambled eggs were overdone, and were like little beads. The breakfast spread was in a narrow room that got crowded with only ten or so people. There weren't many tables in the dining area, so on a busy Sunday morning, we had to take our food back to the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Zaphod:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am gald your stay was enjoyable. I do apologize for the disatisfaction with the breakfast. Sometimes the eggs are pretty difficult to make and keep fresh but we do the best we can. Unfortunately, the plans that were designed for the new breakfast area did make the area smaller to fit the required needs for the brand. We do utilize the meeting room just off the breakfast area for overflow seating. On your next trip into town, hopefully you will be able to find a seat in the dning area but one of our hosts will be glad to direct you to the overflow area. Once again thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next trip back.

Safe Travels

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We regularly stay at Hampton Inns. They're not luxurious, but they're comfortable, clean and a reliable value. The staff are friendly and responsive. We were quite pleased with the one in Salisbury (third time we've stayed there). Our room was larger than usual, with a nice sofa. Internet service was free (at fancier hotels, I've had to pay up to $15), and the free breakfast was fine, if not exactly gourmet.

The bed was very comfortable, the hotel is close to shopping and restaurants, and the price was reasonable, as always. The only small problems we had were: 1) they had given us feather pillows, to which we are allergic; we called, and they replaced them promptly and cheerfully and 2) when we returned from breakfast, we couldn't open our door, because the security latch had somehow swung over and jammed. They fixed this right away.

We didn't use the pool this time, but have in the past, and it's fairly large for a hotel, and always clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne S
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Wayne S:

Thank you for the reveiw and your loyalty to our property. I am sorry to hear you had an issue with the door but glad to hear it was fixed immediately. Please make sure to let the agent making your reservation know that you cannot have feather pillows and we will replace them for you rprior to your arrival. Once again thank you and see you on your next trip.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night, free self parking and was in a nice area. Beds were comfortable. Room clean. We had noisy neighbors, but not hotels fault. We left before breakfast was ready, like 5:40am, but the doors were open so we went in just to grab a banana and the lady working there ran over and closed the door as soon as we came out. Thought that was a little rude. And then when we got home, our debit card was charged for more than the room so I called back to ask about it. The girl at the desk was rude and put me on hold a few times. The last time I said don't put me on hold, I'm in the middle of a conversation, so she didn't put me on hold, she hang up on me! So, needless to say, not a good experience in that respect! Oh, and while I was on hold one of the times, it said if you have to leave our hotel early just ask at the desk for a to go breakfast box. We sure weren't offered anything like that! Shouldn't be the way to take care of your customers, we were nice enough to give them our business! Also a Hilton Gold Member...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AroundNAround

Dear AroundAround:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the location of the hotel but I am appalled at the way you were treated by the breakfast attendant and the front desk clerks. This is unacceptable. I have spoken to those associates and expalined that the behavior they displayed is unacceptable. I hope this does not discourage staying at our facility on your next visit into Salisbury. The breakfast bags are available 5:30am- 10:00am Mon-Friday.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the first hotel of three on a recent roadtrip. You could not possibly beat the combination of price and facility. We were also thrilled with how well the staff knew the area and were able to make suggestions and recommendations for where we could dig into some local seafood. The only thing that threw us off was that the room we were in had a mysterious wet spot on the floor (ground floor, just off lobby). To be fair, it's insanely humid this time of year and it was obviously just water. Breakfast was pretty average but it's exactly what we needed to continue on with our roadtrip! We merely wish we'd had the energy to check out the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear eightwednesday:

Thank you for the review. It is because of our guests coments that we can work to make things better. I am glad the staff was able to aide you in your quest for some great seafood. There are so many places to choose from that you will have to come back and spend some time in the pool then go out for a nice bite to eat. Thank you for letting me know about the spot on the floor. I have had my team up right away to take care of it. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you the next time youa re in Salisbury.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel was very pretty, the rooms were very clean and comfortable- liked the refrigerator in the rooms-that was convenient. The breakfast was just okay. They kids didnt like the waffles and the eggs were not good at all. The pool area was nice and big and there was room to actually hang out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tracy K:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you had a great time. Some of our rooms have been renovated and I am glad to hear that our guests are enjoyng them. It is always nice to have a refrigerator in the rooms especailly so you can put your late night desserts in. I am sorry to hear the kids did not like the eggs and waffles. I do know we are looking at different products for 2014 so you will have to come back and try them out. Once again, thank you for the review and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice staff, comfortable rooms, great pool/activity area for groups /families. Close to Salisbury University, Ocean City access and hundreds of stores and restaurants. Hotel is nice, well kept. Most of the staff was FABULOUS! Computers off lobby very helpful for doing some research about activities. Visitors bureau so close to hotel and EXTREMELY helpful!

Dear Kristine K:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel as well as in the area. I hope to see you again the next time your travels take you to Salisbury.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

There was a softball tournament during our stay and the hotel was packed with children of all ages running around all times of the night, parents tailgating in the parking lot, sitting in the lobby with open bottles of beer, liquor and outside on the benches well into the late evening. I will not be returning to this Hampton.

Dear Crystal T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I wanted to apologize for the problems you had during your stay. Unfortunately, during that time of year, there is a World Series softball tournament in the county. I would certainly hope you will give our property another try before or after the tournament and have a much more relaxing stay. Please re-consider us in the future.

Tom Farina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!