“Sound To Sleep...”

Hampton Inn Salisbury
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had to make a quick trip to Ocean City to attend a funeral. I found this hotel conveniently located near the expressway. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had plenty of towels. I did have to request a technician fix the tv but it was just a loose cable. The bed was heavenly. I wish I could have packed it into my suitcase…lol. The breakfast was mediocre. The egg beaters appeared hard. I appreciate the hard boiled eggs instead. They served turkey sausage (not very tasty) waffles (self-made), fruit, cereal and oat meal I believe. There were other restaurants close by and within walking distance (Golden Corral). Parking was plentiful and safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jeannie2u:

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear for your loss and understand howthis type of event can be stressful and sad but I am glad that the hotel itself and my team made it as relaxing and comfortable as you can be in this type of situation. I am sorry the breakfast food was not up to standards. Sometimes if the food was not made correctly or sits out it can be tasteless. I hope you will come back to the area under a better circumstance. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was traveling with a six-year-old and she loved the pool. The room was comfortable and quiet. The TV had a lot of channels. The bathroom was comfortable. The breakfast area was a bit of a mad house in the morning, so we skipped it and went to the Bob Evans next door.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as was my team. I am sorry that the breakfast was to crazy for you. With such a small area, it can get crazy if everyone comes down to eat at the same time. Thank you again and see you next time.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The service was super, the staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. I wish all hotels had service to this degree. The gym was tiny and hard to navigate with 2 people in it. The room was a little worn but overall very clean. The location was perfect in respect to getting to restaurants.

Room Tip: Be careful not to get too close to the smoking floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear twoxlt:

Thank you for taking the ime to review our facility. I am pleased to hear our location fits your needs. Hopefully you were able to partake in some of the restaurants. I apologize for the lack of bananas. I can understand how when you want something and it has not been replenished. The staff knows they are to keep on top of refills. I am pleased to hear that the hostess was pleasant and besides the bananas, you enjoyed breakfast. Hope to see you on your next trip to Salisbury. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arrived on Sunday June 23rd. The bathroom in my non smoking room smelled like smoke. Tried to get breakfast twice; 15 minutes apart and both chafing dishes for hot food were empty. Since we had an appointment to get to we didn't get breakfast. It is in a great area, but the smoke and lack of breakfast is probably a deal breaker

1  Thank sleepy199

Dear sleepy199:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our facility. I want to extend my apologies on your experience. Though we cannot stop a guest from smoking in the rooms (We try our hardet though) the team should have noticed the smell and the room should not have been rented. I am very sorry for that. I am unsure as to why breakfast was not replenished quickly and there is no excuse for that. I do hope you will give us another chance to show you the service we can provide. Please contact me directly and I will personally make your reservations and make sure your room is up to our standards.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent on all categories! A very pleasant experience from the parking lot to the room. The staff were very helpful and could not do enough to make the stay a memorable one. I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the facility in general but more so with the room and the crisply clean and comfortable bedding. I will be sure to stay again when visiting my daughter over the next four years at Salisbury University. The Hampton Inn is typical of all Hilton / Hampton locations. Kudos.

Thank Wilfred T. P

Dear Wilfred TP:
I want to thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to myself and my team knowing we have made such an impact on you and your family. We do what we can to make evey guest feel at home. I am glad to hear you will be back to our hotel and look forward to meeting you.

Safe Travels

Reviewed June 21, 2013

front desk very helpful in changing our reservation from a room with two double beds to one with one king. That evening around 10:30 we realized we had left my wife's electric cord to her cpap machine . We made several calls to the hampton that night, the night shift was not very helpful. I called the next morning and they located the item immediately.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Robert W:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that the check in agent and the AM agent were very helpful to you. I want to apologize for the PM shift and lack of professionalism. I have forwarded your comments to our Front Office Manager. I thank you again and hopefully you will stay with us on yiour next trip to Salisbury,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good location travelling the eastern shore. Convenient with good restaurant choices. No traffic hassles, breakfast was ok, out of bananas which did not please my wife. Sausage links were better than usual. Mixed fruint was ok. Breakfast hostess was pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear twoxlt:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the bananas not being refilled but I am pleased to hear the hostess was pleasant. I am also glad to hear that there was plenty of things to do. hopefully when you return to Salisbury, you will be able to try other restaurants that you did not try this time. Thank you again.

Tom Farina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!