“A comfortable and friendly place to stay.”

Hampton Inn Salisbury
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A clean, comfortable room with internet access. Delicious breakfast with many selections included. The coffee is always on. I love to stay here when we go to visit our grandchildren. The employees are very friendly and offer to help you with anything you need. The indoor pool is always clean and warm. An exercise room is available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Marie F

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback. It is with our guest's feedback that we are able to recognize any issues and work our hardest to prevent them from happening again with our guests. I am glad to hear that you love our breakfast (Waffles are great) and that you were able to take some time and use our facilities. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Salisbury to see your grandchildren.

Safe Travels

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Salisbury

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice looking hotel...Spacious lobby and dining area...Room was clean and comfortable...Staff is engaging and service oriented. Breakfast just ok but comparable to most...Very convenient heading down the Delmarva....Many choices of restaurants within 5 miles...Will definitely stay there if college baseball takes us to Salisbury again next year.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Tom F, Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Paul R

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that our facility has met your expectaions. At the hampton Inn Salisbury, we strive to achieve this goal to the best of our ability. I have passed this along to our teamso they can know what a great job they are doing.I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Salisbury, MD.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a business trip. I checked in and a friendly person checked me in. I went up to the room and come to find the bed was messy. I called the desk and they moved me to the room next door which was fine. The next day when I was leaving my room to check out I heard housekeeping talk about the complaint I had made and some supervisor name Kia or Tia said “some (INAPPROPRATE WORD) these people come with!” I felt very awkward. I thought maybe she knew that I was the one who complained. I told the front desk and was told that a manager will call back. I still haven’t heard from them. Maybe because the desk personnel might have never passed on my concern to the manager! Who knows!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank right1972

Dear right1972:

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that your check in was pleasant upon your arrival. I do want to apologize for what was being sai by one of the housekeepers. It was most certainly unprofessional beahvior that is not condoned. I have addressed this issue with the housekeeping team and stressed this behaviour is not tolerated. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that your travels bring you back to the Salisbury area, and in the future any issues that you may experience will be brought immediately to my attention.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel.I called to cancel my reservation due to the death of my father and I was charged after being told I would not. One would expect compassion and sympathy in the passing of a family member. Being told that charges would not be processed, but processed anyway without informing me, the customer was awful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Cheryl M

I wanted to extend my condolences on the passing of your father. I apologize for the agent at the front desk and the way your request was handled. There was confusion on the hotel cancellation policy over the weekend. I know the added stress was not something that you needed during this rough time. if there is anything else i can do for you, please contact me directly.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was rude from the moment i checked in, and the female auditor who works on the weekend is especially rude, instead of politely calling us to say that us literally singing happy birthday to someone was too loud at around 10:00 pm, she came into the room and rudely told fellow hotel guests to "GET OUT OF THE ROOM" and she held the door open and tried to usher us out like children with out knowing those were also guests at the hotel in surrounding rooms, we left the room and went out as soon as she stated they a guest in a near room complained about our noise, but she was still very unprofessional, i would NOT recommend staying here to ANYONE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michel D

Dear D M:

I would like to extend my apologies for the incidents that occurred during your visit to the our property.
Customer satisfaction is our goal and here at the Hampton we strive to achieve this goal to the best of our ability. The way the situation was handled is not up to the standards we are to uphold. I will make sure I speak to the person on duty to ensure this does not happen again. Once again I am sorry this incident happened during your stay with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This Hampton Inn was spotless. Even the halls smelled clean! The carpets look new and the whole building has been well kept. The breakfast is great and was included, and there are fresh, warm cookies set out for guests every afternoon. The staff was very helpful in getting our room set up with the amenities we requested, and they continued to be helpful with mail services and other questions as the week went by. There is a clean pool, hot tub and workout room, and the staff lent us use of one of their meeting rooms to run an exercise video in as well. It's in a good location--right off the main road and two minutes from Salisbury College. Very clean, well run.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LynnJD
Tom F, Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jen D.

Thank you for taking the time to review the facility. Your kind words are much appreciated and we do our best to make everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. I will pass along your words to the staff and I know they will be excited. Thank you again and please visit us in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Do not trust the hotel staff!!! I had a very poor experience with this hotel, when I called to book a room and asked for room rate instead of giving me room rate desk girl seemed desperate to tell me about free breakfast and Jacuzzi! How can people judge me on a phone about if I m looking for free breakfast? After 2-3 minutes of long robotic recording finally she gave me room rate and when I arrived at hotel front desk staff had a lot of attitude- corporate really needs to teach this hotel staff that instead of playing long robotic record… just smile and greet the tired guest who is spending more than week outside without family. Breakfast was good, Room was ok one interesting thing I found at this hotel during my was stay, I was smoking outside and one of their housekeeper if I am not incorrect her name was Kia also smoking during her job and she actually started crying and explaining all reason why she hate her job from bottom of her heart and she is not getting paid enough and blah blah blah… hotel manager really need to take action its seems very poor, for me it was really funny and cheap because I don’t know how many people before me heard her same story also she was forcing me to tip her and as soon as I gave her 10 bucks guess what ??? She gave me her number…. I was surprisingly shocked!!! Again room was good only problem I faced in this hotel with staff members bottom line learn “how to show attitude” from one of their front desk (not sure her name Evona Evana) and learn how to robbed guest emotionally from one of their housekeeper.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fruit_5
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Fruit_5,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you did find our breakfast satisfying and the hotel to be clean. When guests book our hotel over the phone, we train our staff to supply features and benefits of our hotel so guests are able to hear if what we offer will be able to accommodate their needs. I’m sorry that you found this to be an inconvenience. I am also sorry to hear about your interactions with one of our employees. I have spoken with this particular employee and addressed how this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that your travels bring you back to the Salisbury area, and in the future any issues that you may experience will be brought immediately to my attention.
Tom Farina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
#4 of 14 in Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!