“Bad staff-stay away!”

Hampton Inn Salisbury
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a business trip. I checked in and a friendly person checked me in. I went up to the room and come to find the bed was messy. I called the desk and they moved me to the room next door which was fine. The next day when I was leaving my room to check out I heard housekeeping talk about the complaint I had made and some supervisor name Kia or Tia said “some (INAPPROPRATE WORD) these people come with!” I felt very awkward. I thought maybe she knew that I was the one who complained. I told the front desk and was told that a manager will call back. I still haven’t heard from them. Maybe because the desk personnel might have never passed on my concern to the manager! Who knows!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank right1972
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear right1972:

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that your check in was pleasant upon your arrival. I do want to apologize for what was being sai by one of the housekeepers. It was most certainly unprofessional beahvior that is not condoned. I have addressed this issue with the housekeeping team and stressed this behaviour is not tolerated. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that your travels bring you back to the Salisbury area, and in the future any issues that you may experience will be brought immediately to my attention.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel.I called to cancel my reservation due to the death of my father and I was charged after being told I would not. One would expect compassion and sympathy in the passing of a family member. Being told that charges would not be processed, but processed anyway without informing me, the customer was awful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Cheryl M

I wanted to extend my condolences on the passing of your father. I apologize for the agent at the front desk and the way your request was handled. There was confusion on the hotel cancellation policy over the weekend. I know the added stress was not something that you needed during this rough time. if there is anything else i can do for you, please contact me directly.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was rude from the moment i checked in, and the female auditor who works on the weekend is especially rude, instead of politely calling us to say that us literally singing happy birthday to someone was too loud at around 10:00 pm, she came into the room and rudely told fellow hotel guests to "GET OUT OF THE ROOM" and she held the door open and tried to usher us out like children with out knowing those were also guests at the hotel in surrounding rooms, we left the room and went out as soon as she stated they a guest in a near room complained about our noise, but she was still very unprofessional, i would NOT recommend staying here to ANYONE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michel D

Dear D M:

I would like to extend my apologies for the incidents that occurred during your visit to the our property.
Customer satisfaction is our goal and here at the Hampton we strive to achieve this goal to the best of our ability. The way the situation was handled is not up to the standards we are to uphold. I will make sure I speak to the person on duty to ensure this does not happen again. Once again I am sorry this incident happened during your stay with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This Hampton Inn was spotless. Even the halls smelled clean! The carpets look new and the whole building has been well kept. The breakfast is great and was included, and there are fresh, warm cookies set out for guests every afternoon. The staff was very helpful in getting our room set up with the amenities we requested, and they continued to be helpful with mail services and other questions as the week went by. There is a clean pool, hot tub and workout room, and the staff lent us use of one of their meeting rooms to run an exercise video in as well. It's in a good location--right off the main road and two minutes from Salisbury College. Very clean, well run.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LynnJD
Tom F, Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jen D.

Thank you for taking the time to review the facility. Your kind words are much appreciated and we do our best to make everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. I will pass along your words to the staff and I know they will be excited. Thank you again and please visit us in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Do not trust the hotel staff!!! I had a very poor experience with this hotel, when I called to book a room and asked for room rate instead of giving me room rate desk girl seemed desperate to tell me about free breakfast and Jacuzzi! How can people judge me on a phone about if I m looking for free breakfast? After 2-3 minutes of long robotic recording finally she gave me room rate and when I arrived at hotel front desk staff had a lot of attitude- corporate really needs to teach this hotel staff that instead of playing long robotic record… just smile and greet the tired guest who is spending more than week outside without family. Breakfast was good, Room was ok one interesting thing I found at this hotel during my was stay, I was smoking outside and one of their housekeeper if I am not incorrect her name was Kia also smoking during her job and she actually started crying and explaining all reason why she hate her job from bottom of her heart and she is not getting paid enough and blah blah blah… hotel manager really need to take action its seems very poor, for me it was really funny and cheap because I don’t know how many people before me heard her same story also she was forcing me to tip her and as soon as I gave her 10 bucks guess what ??? She gave me her number…. I was surprisingly shocked!!! Again room was good only problem I faced in this hotel with staff members bottom line learn “how to show attitude” from one of their front desk (not sure her name Evona Evana) and learn how to robbed guest emotionally from one of their housekeeper.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fruit_5
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Fruit_5,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you did find our breakfast satisfying and the hotel to be clean. When guests book our hotel over the phone, we train our staff to supply features and benefits of our hotel so guests are able to hear if what we offer will be able to accommodate their needs. I’m sorry that you found this to be an inconvenience. I am also sorry to hear about your interactions with one of our employees. I have spoken with this particular employee and addressed how this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that your travels bring you back to the Salisbury area, and in the future any issues that you may experience will be brought immediately to my attention.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our stay this time was not for pleasure or business, instead it was due to our Father's death. We booked the hotel for one night, knowing that we would need to extend our stay upon arrival. When we did arrive, we were told by the front desk that the room we were in was already booked for the next day and that we could only extend our stay if we agreed to change rooms. I assured them that this was not a problem, and explained that we were here for a funeral and would need to leave early the next morning. The next morning I went to the front desk , as instructed and attempted to switch rooms. I was told that we could not switch rooms at this time and that check in was 3pm. I explained the details from our previous conversation and I was told there was nothing that could be done. I asked about our luggage and if there was a place to hold them while we attended funeral services... I was told to put the luggage in our car.

The front desk staff at this particular Hampton Inn, are in desperate need of good customer service training. They showed absolutely no compassion in the fact that we were mourning our loss. I am not sure if we were treated this way because we are an interracial couple, lesbians, or if they are just so poorly trained that they are rude to everyone.

Needless to say we checked in at the Holiday Inn down the street.

We have stayed at many Hamptons and have always been very satisfied.
I will say that after sending a complaint to Hampton, they did reimburse us for our one night stay. However, no much needed apologies were ever made or condolences sent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Peacefulstance,
First, I would like to send my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. It is never easy to lose someone you love and I would like to apologize that during your time of need our staff was not able to support you. This incident is not how we have instructed our front desk staff to act, and I have taken measures to ensure that new training procedures are in affect to correct this issue at once. It is our goal of 100% satisfaction guarantee and I am sorry that you experienced anything less than that. I wish that your issues were brought to my attention while during your stay so that we could have corrected them immediately. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Salisbury area you will give us another chance to make it up to you and ask for me directly.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The amenities you receive are equalled to upscale hotels and yet the friendliness and accommodations are so hometown its like visiting family. This is my location and choice of stay! The beds are extremely comfortable. It's nice to arrive to the room and say ahh something smells good. Clean and welcoming. Plenty of towels. Restaurants in walking or driving distance, shopping mall and strip malls. You just cannot go wrong eithe for pleasure or business travel in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GaggysGirl
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in the hotel and we do everything we can to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. Please come see us again on your next visit to Salisbury.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Residence Inn Salisbury
Residence Inn Salisbury
#7 of 14 in Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!