“Front desk clerks are rude.”

Hampton Inn Salisbury
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
“Front desk clerks are rude.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went with my family for a weekend in Ovean City so we got a couple of rooms at the Hampton in Salisbury, MD. One of the rooms smelt like old urine. We asked to get out rooms changed or cleaned and Ivanna, the front desk clerk, and the manager, Julie, were very rude and uncooperative. Ivanna was yelling at the top of her lungs to my aunt and because of her overly powered attitude she did not understand what my aunt was trying to say. THEN they suggested to give us a new room but we were told to take everything out of our room and leave it on a cart while we were at the beach and they cleaned the room smelling like urine ! Unacceptable !!! Then they wanted to have our belongings stored in another one of our family's hotel rooms. At this point everyone was frustrated and would not settle for less. Eventually we got new rooms but was definately a hassle and the customer service with Ivanna was disgusting !

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Krystallboo
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Krystallboo:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am very sorry and embarrassed with the way you were treated. It is not our standard to treat any of our guests the way that you were treated. I most certainly will take care of the this situation. I am sorry that this ruined your time here at the beach. I hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Sincerely
Tom Farina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Found a good rate online. Conveniently located on a main route. Plenty of free parking, well lit parking lot. Pleasant employees, easy check in. There is a mall right down the street and tons of restaurants right in the area. This hotel is about a half hour or so drive to Ocean City, MD beach. Also not far from Bethany Beach which is beautiful and a little less crowded and touristy than OC. Standard Hampton Inn property with comfy beds, large clean rooms and a fridge. Would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lucksgirl
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had a great stay. I will pass this information along to our team. Thank you for thinking of us again on your next visit.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

After a horrible experience at another hotel, we found ourselves here. Quite randomly. And it's a great place to stay! The rooms were VERY clean, and we're extremely particular. The staff was all friendly and helpful. And breakfast was included in the stay. Which is where my only "complaint" would be. It was just really busy and hard for the staff to keep up. So my breakfast wasn't ideal. But after sleeping in that king size bed, I'm pretty easy to please...

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank ChadTravels828
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Customer satisfaction is our goal and here at the Hampton we strive to achieve this goal to the best of our ability and to make every guest feel comfortable. I will be sure to pass your comments to the entire hotel team. Please think of us again on your next visit to Salisbury.
Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is an average Hampton Inn with a couple of problems. The biggest problem we had was that there is no closet...no place to hang clothes...no extra blankets or pillows. My son was to sleep on the fold out couch. There were no pillows for this bed. When I went down to the registration desk, I was told that they had no extra pillows. This is unacceptable to advertise a bed and then not provide pillows. In the bathroom, there was hair in the floor and on the shower wall...this always freaks me out and leaves me wondering about the rest of the areas in the room that I cannot see. At $194 a night, I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank paminpoq
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and bringing this to my attention and I apologize for your unpleasant stay. We certainly have extra pillows to provide if a guest request them. The response from the team member is not standard and I will address the issues that you had mentioned to the team members. The cleanliness of the bathroom is not what to expect from Hampton standards and I will ensure to bring this up to the team as a training exercise.
I wanted to also let you know that we will begin a refurbishment on our guest rooms, lobby area, and fitness room to include carpet, new dining area, and up to date fitness room. Please contact me directly next time you plan to visit the Salisbury area and I will personally rake care of you. Once again, I do apologize for your experience.
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Visited Salisbury University over the weekend and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. We've stayed twice before - always a good experience. The Holiday Inn, downtown Salisbury, is closer but felt the overall experience was better at the Hampton despite the longer distance from the University-4-5 miles out- straight shot on Rt. 13. The Hampton is a much newer hotel and CLEAN. Beds are better, great service from the front desk to maid service and we LOVED the breakfast room- a large cheerful room w/free coffee, tea, hot chocolate anytime. Fruit is also available during the day and of course there is a great free breakfast in the mornings. Plus there's the Salisbury Mall near by and lots of great restaurants. We booked late and missed the Salisbury University discounted rooms, but still $20 cheaper than the Holiday Inn, downtown. Had a kingsize bed w/fold-out sofa and a jacuzzi bath tub. Room was bigger than their normal rooms/LOVELY. Only thing I wish they had had was a refrigerator. Also missed the cookies. Hampton Inn-Portland, Maine (airport) provides cookies in the evening-a nice touch. We met-up with other Salisbury University parents and they stay at the Hampton too - every time!

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a University Discount.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mdni2
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear mdni,

Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to hear how great your stay was. I will make sure to pass this information along to our staff. Please remember us again on your next visit to Salisbury.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Salisbury for 1 night on April 15,2012. We picked this hotel because we like Hampton Inn and this particular hotel had indoor heated pool and a whirlpool. After a long day, we were ready to relax and get in that whirlpool. We we arrived at the pool area not only did the whirlpool water not look all that clean, it also didn't work. When we told the night maintenance man that the whirlpool didn't work,he said "I'm sorry, they're supposed to fix it tomorrow". How many times have you heard that one ? Other than, the hotel was OK. We'll be going back to Salisbury in the future, but may try a different hotel, or at least inquire, whether everthing is working.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian E
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2012

over all a nice clean hotel. BUT some things need attention. Reservation desk got a bit confused and over booked some reservations causing some grief for some guests, Our "handicapped room" had a low toilet and loose seat that slid around when used. There was an open shower that flooded the floor every time we used it. Wfi didn't work in the room. Worst was the old lumpy mattress they had on my bed. They had stuck a piece of plywood under it to get some extra life out of it. Just miserable. I complaied about it at the desk and in a questionaire on line. Never got any response from that. The complimentary breakfast hot food was terrible pre fab stuff. Best to stick to cold cereal or rolls.

Room Tip: don't take first floor handicapped rooms. small and uncomfortable
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandy m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!