“A FANTASTIC PORT IN A HORRIBLE STORM”

Sleep Inn Salisbury
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My Car broke down as I was making my way from New England to Virginia Beach. I was stranded in every sense of the word. Making matters worse...I'm a hotel snob. I work in the Hotel Field and my familiarity is with 4 diamond and up. But my wallet and the situation I was in did not provide the security for me to stay at a high end hotel..and the Holiday Inn was outrageusly priced and in a crap neighborhood. When I finally accepted my fate to make a reservation here... I just "gave it to god" and went with it. This was AMAZING- for the money I paid- I had the best nights sleep- there were plenty of Television stations for me- and the VERY BEST PART????? The shower was the best hotel shower I've EVER HAD. Super Huge shower enclosure with amazing Delta Fixtures and I felt like I was in a 5 Star SPA. Water pressure and temperature were amazing- I didn't want to get out of this shower. The staff was very helpful and friendly and there was plenty of shopping all around this hotel- you could walk anywhere for food, pharmacy etc etc. I thought it was an oasis being my situation was so bad. I have told many about this. Again- I work in the hotel field- and this place exceeded my expecations in every way possible. I would not have decorated my own home in the fashion they decorated the guestroom...but for $69 dollars.... WHO CARES?!?! It was GREAT.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ChristopherJohn
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Salisbury

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We would not stay at this motel. After checking in, we noticed that the first floor room window was broken and would not lock. The clerk tried a couple fixes to put sticks in the window to no avail. It was late and the manager provided no help. Very poor service and poor maintenance.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here during the Seagull Century which means the hotel was completely full. The receptionist was nice and effective. The room we stayed in the really quiet (we were on the 3rd floor), the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the breakfast was good (choices of cereal, some fruit, make your own waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, etc.). We were happy with the Sleep Inn.

Easy to get the Salisbury University with a car.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Our room was gross! We found a clump of black wig hair underneath the sheets, and pubic hairs on the blankets. Dirty, wouldn't stay there again, ever.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We decided to stay at Sleep Inn when we were vacationing in Ocean City for the price. It was only a 10 minute drive from the boardwalk to the hotel so we booked it. The front desk man was friendly and the breakfast area was pretty nice. I loved making my waffles and they were pretty good. The room was a little cramped but for the price it wasn't bad. We decided to go for a swim and the pool was dirty with bugs and grass, so we were disappointed about that. My boyfriend said the shower area had an odor to it but wasn't unbearable. I would stay here again for the price since the hotels on the boardwalk can is overpriced during the summer but I would say it was average.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Arrived just as a big bus of teenage girls arrived. Front desk IMMEDIATELY checked us in before the bus of people. Front desk noticed we were assigned to the same floor as all these girls and moved our room to another floor. Our room was clean and furnishings were new. Beds were double, which is small for us but it is what it is and it was only for one night. Bath was clean but water pressure poor. Pressure should be good no matter how many are in the hotel. I reported this to front desk upon check out and was told they'd have maintenance inspect it. Breakfast was fine, just the regular simple continental breakfast of breads/waffles/bagels/fruit/cereal type thing. Perfect for us. Everything was fairly clean considering the bus of teenagers had just left. Hotel is easy to find and in a quiet part of town. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Housekeeping staff threw away a large bag of my toiletries. They took no responsibility for the event and were VERY rude in handling the situation. We took upon ourselves to find a piece in the dumpster area proving the items were throw away, and still the staff insisted they were not involved. Management has been unresponsive, and I am out approx $150 in items. The way the event was handled was unprofessional. At 10:30 am, during check out, we asked to speak to a manager and were told we needed to wait till noon when he came on duty. He could not be reached by phone. I asked why I needed to be inconveinienced for their error, and was told "we don't see it as our error". We waited till noon and were told by the manager that we should have used the safe. Get practical. We used the safe for money, jewelry, etc. Didn't think we should put our toiletries in the safe for fear of them being thrown away. I believe this was just a mistake but expected some professionalism and accountability. Very rude and unresponsive.
Very small rooms also.