“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

I really enjoyed the Comfort Inn!

The room was nice and large. It included a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable.

The location was very convenient (about 30 minutes from Assateague Island). There are lots of restaurants and shopping so close that you could walk.

Breakfast was much better than what's usually available at an inexpensive hotel. The staff was very friendly. The wireless internet worked just fine.

The hotel is pet friendly and has a nice grassy area for walking dogs. But, you have to be careful with your dogs and children. Locals use the parking lot to avoid traffic lights and go FLYING through it into the shopping center next to the hotel. It can be quite dangerous.

The only complaint I have is the "safe" charge that appeared on my bill. (Didn't notice the charge until I returned home and happened to look at the bill.) It wasn't noted at the hotel's website or mentioned when I checked in. It was a minor charge. But, I never used the safe in the room, and resented paying extra for it.

• Liked — Friendly staff, and very nice room for the money.
  • Disliked — The parking lot . . . they need to do something to stop local drivers from using it as a short-cut.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
White Plains, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2006

I stay at Choice Hotels all the time, racking up points toward my frequent stay program. I have been to many Comfort Inns and this one is, by far, the best. Not because it was so luxurious, but because it was so comfortable. Such an appropriate name for this place.
I stayed here on a very busy weekend and was shocked at the reasonable rate, assuming that I'd get exactly what I'd paid for. But I was pleasantly surprised. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful. I had a horrible time at a meeting that day and they knew exactly how to cheer me up. They suggested I treat myself to some Cold Stone icecream (right next door!). I did and then I was off to my room, which was very clean and decorated very nicely. I had mentioned I was a big coffee drinker, so when I came down and asked for some coffee, one of the girls brewed a fresh pot and gave me some for my room. I only stayed one night, so I didn't get to meet most of the staff, but I hope they are as helpful and accomodating as the two ladies on duty that night. I am definitely going to stay here again.

• Liked — The cleanliness of rooms and helpful staff
  • Disliked — No work out room
  • Tips/Secrets — This is a great place surrounded by shopping and food!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mount Pleasant, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2005

Place stinks. I saw people letting their pets in the rooms. I had some sort of animal hair on my socks from walking around the room. There were pet hairs all over the couch. Sleep in your car before you stay here.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank jonesytv

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2005

This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. Our room was dirty and had mildew problems. The window was leaking water (it rained the entire weekend) and made the carpet underneath the window and A/C unit wet. You could see that this has been an ongoing problem because the carpet and wall had mildew stains set in where the water was leaking. You could even see the wallpaper in different parts of the room starting to bubble as if moisture had gotten underneath it. The bathtub was not cleaned thoroughly and the drain was stopped up so water would sit in the tub when you took a shower. One of the bath towels even had a stain on it. Gross! We actually considering leaving but because of the holiday weekend, other hotels were booked and the only hotel I could find wanted way too much money for the area. So we asked to change rooms (but had to spend our first night in the "problem" room) and were moved to a room right upstairs from our old room and it had the same problems -- the windows leaked and there was a definite mildew smell in the room. At least the drain worked in the bath in this room. To top it off, we asked for non-smoking rooms but they were located near the smoking rooms so you could smell cigarette smoke in the hallways and stairwell.

I can't say how the continental breakfast was because we didn't eat there. We were just happy to leave.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank sayhi2tinee
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

This hotel was very affordable and a great place to stay while in Salisbury. The location is great (very reasonable distance from just about everywhere in the area.) Also, there were many services (restaurants, stores, etc) around the hotel. Continental breakfast was good too. I would stay there again if I have too. The motel looked like it had been remodeled a bit but the ammenities in my room were good. Maid Staff very friendly too.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2005

My family and I were on our way down to North Carolina and got tried of driving. We pulled over at the Comfort Inn last year. The hotel was fine, it was very convienient having Applebee's on premise. This year I was planning at staying at the Comfort Inn again. When I called the hotel to make reservations they had asked me why I was staying there and I told them I was driving thru town on my way to vacation with my family. They immediately responded that there was a 2 nite minimum stay. I wonder what their response would have been if I told them I was staying there because of business reasons? I told them I do not want to stay in town for 2 days because my house rental starts the following day. The hotel's response was that it was hotel policy. Who are these people that they think they can dictate to me how I have to spend my money? They can take their 2 nite minimum stay and shove it. I am staying down in Princess Anne instead. It's only about 10 miles down the road and the hotel I am staying at was glad to oblidge my request to stay only for the nite.
The Comfort Inn in Salisbury is a joke thinking that they will tell you how to spend your money. I wonder if they tell you what to order when you go to the Applebee's also????

• Stayed June 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2004

Stayed here for one night over Labor Day weekend 2004. Our previous night's hotel was horrible, so to come here just made our weekend! The rooms were clean and HUGE (we had a king bed w/whirlpool) the whirlpool tub was HUGE, nice decor and they allow pets!! Would definitely stay here again. A nice part of town too.

7 Thank delta269