“Don't. Just don't.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you have, as I do, fond childhood memories of staying in the occasional low-price chain motel with your parents and grandparents, then the aroma which meets your nose when you enter your room will awaken those memories. Put less eloquently, it smells like a cheap motel from 1981.

I got a room with two double beds. I always do this; if one bed is uncomfortable, I have a second to try. I decided to sleep under the covers that *didn't* have the cigarette burns. In retrospect, I should have chosen the burns; they would have been sterile. (I had no such guarantee regarding the stains on the other covers.)

The peeling paint on the windowsill lent a rustic touch to the room. The curtains hanging over the air conditioner eliminated any chance that cold air would blow into the room itself. Happily, the ice bucket served well as a drapery hanger.

I was able to ignore the additional cigarette burn next to the sink, but could not ignore the conveniently located bottle opener bolted to the counter next to the toilet paper. I suppose if you've brought in a magazine and a few longnecks, that opener could come in handy.

I say much here of cigarettes; this was a nonsmoking room, and it didn't actually smell smoky, despite the burns.

At any rate, I was tired, my other two hotel choices were full, I was getting up at about 4:00 am anyway, and I was traveling on business (so someone else was paying). I slept well, and after getting someone's attention inside the main building, was able to actually check out (getting the all-important hotel receipt for my expense report). The rate was twice the rate at another hotel down the road (though I was getting a corporate rate at the other hotel).

I saw no point in reporting these matters to the hotel staff; Febreze only does so much, I can't see cigarette burns or stains with my eyes closed, and (as I mentioned earlier) I was staying one night on business, so I wasn't concerned about getting "my money's worth". The place needs to be completely remodeled, and they aren't going to do that overnight.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WhatYouSay
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed October 20, 2009

We chose this motel because they did not charge for our two small dogs. The room was lovely. I was most impressed with the nicely the beds were made up & the linens seemed new. The room was clean & everything (TV, frig, microwave, coffee maker) worked. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. You could make your own waffles and they had fresh fruit, hot & cold cereal, pastries, bagles, muffins, ,toast, hard boiled eggs & yogurt besides of course juice and coffee. Very handy location with plenty of restaurants and stores within walking distance. Very nice front desk receptionist.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I understand that it is a older property but I feel the accomdations could be better. I have one major complaint dealing with check in. I was happy they let my sister in law in the room since she arrived hours before us BUT I do not appreciate that they let her in without checking ID or using my CC without my permission or me informing them this was ok at the time reservations were made. A simple phone call to ask if they could use it would have been nice. Then when I went up to the desk to check in they seemed confused as to why I was inquiring about the cc. Moving on, all rooms were stated to have micro/fridge and ours was missing but a nice amount of mold was growing in its place. The tubs were not cleaned well and their was mold growing in the whirlpool tub jets. *Rented two rooms and both were in these condition. I do realize I got these rooms at a steal but being a Choice employee I was embarassed to find myself in this hotel. If you are staying just to visit a night or passing thru, I would say it would be ok. I would not advise families with young children to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank parkerlove14
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We booked two nights in a non-smoking room with a King Bed. When we got to the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. It was obviously a smoking room. The room was surfaced clean, but had a build-up of dust and dirt in the corners. Also, the chairs were covered with dust and stains.

However, the front desk staff was very, very nice and gave us another room without a problem. Unfortunately, when we arrived at this room, the room smelled over whelmingly of urine. The hotel accepts pets. The smell was worse then the first room.

The front desk staff agin gave us another room. This room had two double beds but the odor was tolerable. The furnishings in the room were basic and the linen on the bed was clean. However, the carpet again was stained and there was a build up of dust in the corners and the furniture. I made sure to wear shoes the entire time. Also, there was mildew growing in the shower knobs.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2008

This is an excellent hotel to stay in. The staff is very friendly and goes extra mile ( or two ) to take care of the guests. Hotel is pet friendly and DO NOT CHARGE FOR PETS. Hotel is in the middle of the heart of the shopping malls and stores and restaurants. Very convenient location. Overall pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel to just about anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Our first nightOur first night, I decided to take a shower only to have the ceramic soap holder fall off the wall. When I tried to turn on the shower the handle fell off. I called the desk and they moved us to a new room and even though the shower worked fine the room was not very well cared for. It had peeling wall paper and some strange substance on the wall below the window. There was a strange smell in the room until we discovered that under the trash can liner was fermented goo that we just cleaned ourselves. The breakfast was fine and they do not make the waffles for you which is not an issue but most places pour the mixture in a cup for you. As a result there was a lot of batter on the counter and now one cleaning up after the customers. The lobby staffs were friendly but the cleaning staffs were arguing in the halls about needing to do to much laundry at the end of their shift. The free web works well and beds were comfortable and they have a fridge and microwave nice for travelers staying a week like were. It was close to shopping and restaurants. We tried to find another hotel but due to a convention none of them had any vacancy so we stayed. I would not book there again but would spend the extra money for a nicer hotel. It looks good from the outside and the lobby seems appealing but whatever updating has been done is on the cheap. All the facuets are to short for the sinks and tubs and lucky for us the second room had a digital AC.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2008

A friend and I stayed here the weekend after Christmas. I had stayed at this property once before, back in September. Again, I had no complaints at all. The staff goes out of their way to make all the guests feel welcome and comfortable. We had to head out early in the morning so we did not get to take advantage of the free breakfast this time but I did use the free wireless internet which really came in handy. The beds are sooo comfortable and everything in the room was perfectly clean and in working order. We walked right across the parking lot to Applebee's for dinner and drinks - very convenient. And the whirlpool tub is a nice added feature as well! I will definitely be back this spring/summer! Thanks again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends