Residence Inn Salisbury
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
Country Inn
Budget Inn Salisbury(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Room Service
Courtyard Salisbury(Salisbury)
$119
$101
All reviewsfull size refrigeratorstudio roomgreat upgradegas fireplaceburner cooktopsmall kitchenmarriott propertiesstandard free breakfasthomecoming weekendher daughterthe hotel is conveniently locatedsofa bedwafflesexcellent hoteloutstanding stafflaundry facilitiesbusiness travel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Breakfast included, tacos and cookies for free in the evening. Room was great, facilities were nice. Location is perfect for my business needs. Fridge, micro, and stove top in the room, big TV. Good desk for laptop, couch and chairs, bar chairs, toaster.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gregnx
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our first stay so much that we decided to have a repeat stay at this Residence Inn. Rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and polite. The free breakfast is tasty. I'd live here if I could afford it. This is truly a welcoming and enjoyable inn and I will be glad to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tiffcn
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for Salisbury lacrosse tournament and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms very clean and spacious. Kids loved the breakfast buffet, even mine, who is a picky eater. Edith is a gem and helped us out with extra linens for the pullouts. Check in was a breeze and front desk staff very friendly the enitre stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaxMom05
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliment along to Edith. She'll be so happy to hear she got a mention on Trip Advisor!. It's wonderful that your "picky eater" loved our breakfast. We offer a great variety of breakfast choices from fresh fruit and scrambled eggs to fresh made waffles with several different choices for toppings. We do hope you come back to stay with us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

To whom it may concern or value-

My experience at the Salisbury Residence Inn Marriott was absolutely terrible. Simply due to the fact that there was a maintenance issue in the bathroom of my room which in more detail was a malfunctioning toilet. The toilet had FECES (waste matter) in the bowl upon arrival to the room. This was noticed after hauling our luggage contents to the far end of the third floor unfortunately and began unpacking our contents into the room. I was polite and did not make a big deal at the time with the Marriott staff member at the front desk as to walk someone to the room and display the unpleasant malfunction issue and felt this was a management issue to be addressed. Naturally they offered another room for relocation. A few minutes later upon leaving the room there was a Marriott staff member waiting to enter our room which I assumed was for the issue at in the bathroom. Two other adults in my party witnessed this issue and felt this was atrocious to say the least for a Marriott establishment.

Upon checkout I was asked how my stay was and then at that time requested to speak the General Manager, Ellen Pettingill, as to give her the detail to address the staff. etc. She was not available and I simply left a message to contact me. Ellen never contacted me (no surprise) and I had followed up with her days later. After speaking to Ellen, I was disappointed even further as to the lack of follow up and response to this horrible experience.

As I write this I wonder where it will go and what response if any will be retroactive. I am a long time Marriott customer for both business and pleasure and have stayed all over the country and never experienced a situation like this compounded by the poor response by the General Manager. I can only hope this note is proactive to help improve customer experiences during futur stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mitch G
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with your initial suite. We have very high standards of cleanliness and a very thorough inspection process; our employees are veteran associates that produce consistent high levels of guest satisfaction. We have earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2103 and are rated highly on Marriott Guest Satisfaction Surveys. The staff and I were not made aware there was an issue until you and I spoke on the phone after you had left the hotel. We value feedback from our Marriott Rewards members and hope you choose Marriott for your future stays in the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

After reading all of the positive reviews I was expecting greatness which is why I accepted the unreasonably high rate for the hotel. The lobby is tastefully decorated and the front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was much better than typical Residence Inn fare and that is what saved this place from a 2 star review.

When we got to our room that's where the charm ended. The furniture is worn especially the sofa and the bathroom vanity. The carpet is worn but seemed clean. The walls had dirt and grime on them along with chipped paint. Throw in the fact that the prior guests' trash was still in our waste basket and a pen that someone had clearly chewed on was left on the notepad one has to question what other corners had been cut. This is not what I expect from any property let alone one that puts Marriott in their name.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for one that's actually been serviced.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew L
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We too are disappointed that we were unable to make your stay a great experience for you and your family. We value your feedback and work together with our loyal Marriott Rewards members to make amends whenever warranted. We hope that we get the opportunity to wow you if you visit us again. Next spring you will be welcomed with awesome customer service and please when you enter our newly renovated guest suites with a new color palette and furniture.