“Could have been better.”

Courtyard Salisbury
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Front desk person at both check in and check out were completely unfriendly and barely interactive. No hello and goodbye, thanks for being a Gold member, enjoy your stay, no smiles etc.

Hotel room was very noisy, both from parking lot out front and paper-thin walls.

Room and very clean. Bedding, including the pillows were very old. Bed was uncomfortable.

Ample parking and lots of chain restaurants withina short walk/drive.

I wouldn't stay here again given the noise and uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Philly Lover,

Thank you for sharing your candid and honest feedback regarding your stay with us in
April, 2013. As the new General Manager of this hotel, I am obviously disappointed with the service that you were (not)provided.

Sometimes there are things that are not in our immediate control like noise from outside or thin walls however old and uncomfortable bedding - will take some time but will definitely be replaced.

Customer service, smiles and friendly staff are things that are totally controllable. This has been a focus of mine from Day1. I am passionate about service and I can promise you that I will make sure my staff feels the same.

I sincerely apologize for your experience and I hope that you WILL change your mind and visit us again. We can block a room for you on the quieter side of the building and I know that the service will be different.

I thank you again for your comments and truly hope that we will see you again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Salisbury

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times for the PCA National Dog Show and am always impressed by the friendly staff and cleanliness of the hotel. I am a Marriott rewards member and stay at Marriott and Ritz Carlton properties several times a year. This is definitely the nicest Courtyard I have ever stayed at. A very well maintained property with pleasant employees; a bonus is an Outback across the parking lot that saves a drive to a resturant with several other restaurants close by. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Joanne L,

I couldn't ask for a better guest experience!

I am glad that you have a great time whenever you stay with us! We love having the Poodles here with their parents and I believe we have as much fun as our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice clean hotel, friendly enough staff. First night went well but the second night my room was infested with ants. I called the front desk and (after a bit of a wait) the night manager came to my room with bug spray in hand. He immediately offered to move me to another hotel (they were full) but I did not want to move, as I was not traveling alone and I didn't want to pack up and leave for one more night in Salisbury.

Although the ants and bug spray smell were horrible, I was impressed with how the hotel handled the situation. First they offered to move me to another hotel and the next morning the manager did not charge me for the second night - I didn't have to ask or "bargain" for some type of compensation.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the breakfast. Plenty of places to eat all around the hotel.

Overall an average stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear rrpk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience when you stayed with us at The Courtyard by Marriott in Salisbury, MD. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience while you were here. Although I am glad that you were pleased with how the situation was handled, events like that can really but a damper on an otherwise great stay.

We have enlisted the help of a leading pest control company that now visits the hotel monthly to ensure we don't have similar problems. I won't say that we will never see another ant, but I truly believe it has gotten much better.

I hope that when in Salisbury the next time, you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A friendly greeting will always welcome you to this Marriott Courtyard property. The front desk employees and cleaning staff all seem happy to assist you. Rooms are clean, spacious and thoughtful to the needs of a business traveler (convenient lifting & outlets). Free wi-fi is always a nice touch!

I was present for a business meeting, and the servicing of the meeting room and buffet lunch were very good. (The freshly baked cookies were yummy too!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jackib0312,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us in April, 2013. I am thrilled to know that all staff members made you feel welcomed. It is our goal that all guests feel comfortable and genuinely welcomed liked they are a guest in our homes.

I am a new addition to the Courtyard family but I am already feeling great about our hotel.

I know that we will see you again the next time that you travel to Salisbury.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay in Salisbury, Maryland. The room is always clean, the bed and pillows are really comfortable, and the location is great. I actually left my "back-up" pillow from home in my car overnight. There is an Outback restaurant across the parking lot; on this visit 1st takeout meal there that I have not been happy with, have always been happy with this Outback in the past. Anytime I stay in Salisbury, MD, I will choose this hotel if it is available. I have stayed at 3 other hotels in Salisbury in the past and I truly think this is the best.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor (top floor) and it was great. No noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had the great pleasure of being the recipient of a surprise birthday party at the Courtyard by Marriott on Sat., Mar. 9, 2013. The attention and service could not have been better. My daughter, who lives two hours away, planned the occasion with the hotel staff, and repeatedly stated how accommodating everyone was; from Management to Wait-Staff. The room, the food, the patience of everyone there is to be commended. In this day and time, great service is hard to come by......Courtyard by Marriott Salisbury, you have gone beyond. I will definintely recommend you to anyone; and I thank you for a wonderful evening.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Not as "fancy" as some Courtyards but immaculately clean and quiet (at the end of the hall anyway!). Only downside- no towels. Which I discovered after 9pm, lots of air and windshield time and just a long day... as I was ready to shower. Had to call downstairs and wait for towels, which were brought. I understand they wanted to make sure I was taken care of but a call from housekeeping at almost midnight was not a good idea people. I was TIRED.

Room Tip: All king beds are by the elevators business travelers- just an FYI you'll need a double queen to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business