“Overall a nice Courtyard”

Courtyard Salisbury
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Not as "fancy" as some Courtyards but immaculately clean and quiet (at the end of the hall anyway!). Only downside- no towels. Which I discovered after 9pm, lots of air and windshield time and just a long day... as I was ready to shower. Had to call downstairs and wait for towels, which were brought. I understand they wanted to make sure I was taken care of but a call from housekeeping at almost midnight was not a good idea people. I was TIRED.

Room Tip: All king beds are by the elevators business travelers- just an FYI you'll need a double queen to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 12, 2013

On a recent trip to Salisbury to visit friends, my wife and I stayed here. We mainly picked this hotel so we can continue to add to our Marriott Rewards. This hotel was clean, the front desk staff were very nice and informative (putting us on the top floor since there would be a party in the lobby that night - though it was over by the time we returned to the hotel), the location is convenient to plenty of shopping (if that's what you're looking for) and the lobby and rooms were well done.

If I were coming to Salisbury for another overnight stay I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

When travelling, we often stay at Courtyards. During our emergency vist to Salisbury, MD (family funeral), we spent 3 nights here. I require a handicap accessible room and this was provided. However there were issues with the bathroom. Entry to the shower was OK, but the valving in the shower to control temperature and distribution (fixed shower head and hand-held shower head) was problematic. I had a lot of trouble was this. On the second night, I had my wife shower first to get it regulated and then left it running so that I could enter the shower and not have to make adjustments. The bathroom sink was not partcularly wheelchair accessible and there was very llittle surface area around the sink to place toiletries, etc. We were told that this was the only handicap accessible room at this location. Don't bother with the breakfast at this location. A full breakfast is available but it is totally self service. The "hot" foods were lukewarm and tasted llike they had been in the serving containers for some time even though it was 7:30 am. It was quite expensive at $10 each. The next 2 mornings we ate breakfast at a nearby IHOP (5 minutes by car) and got a very good full service meal at a much more reasonable cost. My rating for this Courtyard is actually somewhat lower than the average indicated based on my experiences at outhe Courtyards.

Room Tip: If you have physical handicaps, you may want to check elsewhere. Unfortunately, you often don't...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David L
sarah r, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. I do apologize for the inconviences that were caused during your stay. I will have my maitenance staff look into the shower heads in our hanicap rooms. I will also give my restaurant the feedback on your experience. I hope that the next time you are in the Salisbury area you would give us another shot at making your stay more memorable. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We picked this hotel because of our Marriott experiences and the fact it has a pool. While the hotel is fine, a normal Marriott Courtyard, the indoor pool was icy! 68 degrees is not swimmable in November. My young granddaughter and the rest of the family were very disappointed.

The night desk clerk had some excuse about a "winter heater" being put in at some later date, and the morning desk clerk said she would let maintenance know about it. I did not know one had to call ahead to find out if the pool is actually useable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vwp
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Staff could've been more professional but very clean & comfortable hotel. I would certainly recommend a stay here if you're in Salisbury, Md. Plenty of places to eat & most importantly, there's a Walmart close by.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank kcthemusicguy
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located on Route 13, 30 mins from Ocean City and 10 min from downtown Salisbury. Everything was perfect : the classy room, the kindness of the staff, the delicious breakfast. I recommend the breakfast omelet ! Thanks for an awesome stay !

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank makinusa
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Courtyard Salisbury was excellent with respect to the room, cleanliness, staff, etc. . . . but not so with regard to the pricing, which was OK until I found on check-in and check-out that Occupancy taxes of $5.58 + $5.58 were additional and the room did not include the usually complimentary breakfast. This lack of transparency needs to be corrected.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo