“Nice hotel, kind staff”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel, kind staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for work. The staff were kind and courteous. My room was clean and spacious. The WiFi and breakfast are included. Breakfast was delicious. The berries and yogurt are awesome. There is ample parking. It is located in a business complex close to the main roads. As you walk in to the hotel, it smells great. I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel having come from another hotel chain that left a lot to be desired in the cleanliness department. As I was eating breakfast, the staff member cleaned about three times. This hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank ANashMelendez
Microtel S, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear ANashmalendez,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We value each of our guests and desire for them to have the most comfortable stay while way from home. We always look forward to hearing feedback from our guests so that we may continue to improve. We look forward to your return.

Anne Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I was surprised at the condition of this Country Inn & Suites. I usually love this hotel brand, and go out of my way to stay in their hotels, but this particular Country Inn was a disappointment.

The internet was TERRIBLE. I have never stayed at a place with such bad internet. I ended up leaving every night we stayed and going to the nearby McDonalds just to send some work emails.

The elevator is terrifying. Everyone I talked to refused to use it, but I didn't understand why until it happened to me--when you get to your floor, it shakes violently and makes a screeching noise. There is also just one elevator in the hotel.

The rooms were very spacious, but not nearly as well done as those in other Country Inn & Suites. The walls were bare and empty, the carpet was dingy, and the temperature was either very hot or very cold. The bed sheets were gross--there was just one sheet under the comforter (the one on hotel beds that is never washed, so you always take it off before sleeping) so we sucked it up and crossed our fingers we wouldn't get sick.

There is a large fridge and microwave and a great tv, and plenty of outlets in the room. Breakfast was decent. There was no happy hour at this Country Inn branch, which was strange. There is free parking. There was coin laundry. The gym was a joke, but the pool area was okay.

In my experience, the staff at other Country Inn & Suites is way nicer. It annoyed me that the staff here wasn't as sweet, since it tarnishes the brand the staff in other Country Inn & Suites work hard to build up.

Overall, mixed feelings about this place. For the price, I'd probably look elsewhere.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank LynnJD
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear LynnJD,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We are continually looking for ways to make our guests stay more comfortable. Over the next few months we will be continuing to improve our property with many scheduled upgrades. We know that problems occur from time to time. We take this very seriously and resolve issues in a timely manner. Thank you again for being patient during our upgrades and resolution.

Warm Regards,

Anne Webster

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Springville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love this Country Inn & Suites. Anne the Manager has been at this property for what seems forever. She takes the time to talk with guests in the morning at breakfast. I was reading some of the comments from others. I have stayed at this location over the last 3 years and always encountered her to be very professional. If there is a problem, she will do her best to fix it or make it right. I feel as though she will go the extra mile for me. I brought my husband down for our anniversary. I called her to see if she could arrange flowers and chocolate in my room. When I arrived, they had upgraded me to a Whirlpool suite and had flowers, candy and my favorite wine in the room. Not every hotel will do that for a guest.

Room Tip: A whirlpool suite is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Amy H,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your remarks. I always enjoyed talking with you and your husband. Our team is always here to assist you in with your needs. We hope that you enjoyed your anniversary. It is great that you were able to spend the time with your best friend. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Wishes,

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this location during Christmas. The decorations were beautiful and so was the presentation of the breakfast. I think the lady’s name is Rose Marie that is in breakfast. She made sure that all the tables were wiped after each guest left. It is also very nice that we got to eat off of dishes and not Styrofoam. It gave the place a lot of class. The room was clean and I loved the whirlpool. I look forward to visiting again.

Dear Amy L,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD is blessed to have Rosie as a breakfast host. Cleanliness is a priority for our guests and team. We love the "Be our Guest Breakfast". The dining ware program is great. It also assists with being environmentally friendly. Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD.

Warm Regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Housekeeping is great. I found a note from one of the housekeepers in my room after the 1st night. I found that this hotel has a consistent person cleaning my room during my stay. She wrote a note to me each day. It was a great personal touch. It made me feel like the housekeeper really cared about how I felt about my room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrea R,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping team strives to make each guests stay enjoyable. Our team loves to hear from our guests. I will be sure to pass the information along to the team.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you again.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I typically do not give reviews but this time I feel I need too share with everyone my experience. Well, I booked my room a month in advance for a friday and saturday for my cousins wedding. Not quite sure if i was checking in on friday so I called I took the advice of the GM to call and cancel 2 days before the friday, which I did ( phone record is still in my cell log).So, upon arrival and checking in on saturday I so happneded to see a handwritten note stating NO SHow on my receipt so obviously i inquired and I was told I was charged for the room for Friday b/c I did not show up. I immediately said I called and here is the phone log in my phone to prove it and at that point the GM refused to look up at my phone or admit it was her (the only person working that morning) which she clearly stated. I then replayed our entire conversation from the day I cancelled and her eyes lit up but still she refused to admit she failed to give me a cancelling confirmation #. The condescending attitude and lack of respect for a customer really blew me away . My family had over 75 people staying at the hotel that weekend but the GM still wanted to take my $93 bucks. Not too mention my wife and I were given a room with 2 queen beds when I asked for 1 king. I'm disputing the charges through my credit union at this moment. Stay tuned!

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne W
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Wayne,
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience with us. As per our hotel policy, cancellation of a reservation must be done with the cancellation period (this may vary from each season). As part of our hotel policy, when a cancellation is done, a cancellation number is given to our guests. This is to reflect proof of the change/cancellation. The hotel is always willing to assist guests, when there is an error on the hotel side. However, based on the information that was provided, the necessary information was not able to be given. When a guest does not arrive by 11:00 am the day after check in, the room is released into general inventory for sale. If a guest arrives after the room has been released, there is a chance that we will no longer have the original room type available. It is important to receive a cancellation number or an email confirmation of changes when cancelling or making changes to a reservation. Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife & I stay at this hotel frequently as we travel North. This past Friday we were not to pleased with it. When we went to go into our room after check in, we noticed that the door to the room had been propped open by the safety latch and when we entered there was an ottoman but no chai to sit in. Upon advising the desk clerk, she said they were renovating the room. Then why assign the room to a customer ?? She switched us to another room down the hall. Upon entering this room it had no chair or ottoman, both were missing. It was late so we just decided it was a bad experience. Then we notice for the next hour & a half a vibrating noise coming from the room below us. I went down stairs to check, but the room under ours was locked and there was no room number on it. At the front desk the clerk & maintenance man were standing & I questioned them and they said it was the boiler room and he went to check it. Well, after another hour the noise finally stopped and we could sleep. The elevator was a safety concern, as when it reached the second floor it jerked and also made a horrible noise. Many guest would not ride it and took the stairs. I have a brace on my leg so I had no choice but to ride it and pray. Breakfast was another bad point. They use to serve excellent breakfast, but NO MORE. The pastries tasted stale and their hot item for the day did not look appetizing.
I would have to think hard before I would stay here again. And we will be traveling North again in about two weeks.
Harold K - Virginia Beach, VA

4 Thank Harold K
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Harold,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salisbury, MD. I apologize for the experience that you encountered this past weekend. We are making improvements at our hotel so that our guests may have a relaxing and comfortable stay. We are attempting to make the transition as seamless as possible. Thank you again for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We look forward to showing you our improvements on your next stay.