“Wonderful time at Country Inn & Suites in Salisbury, MD” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Oceanside, California
“Wonderful time at Country Inn & Suites in Salisbury, MD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the County Inn & Suites, Salisbury and returned today. We were very pleased with the hotel, the room, the staff, the breakfast, the office center, the wifi, etc.

The staff was excellent and treated us well, we felt they really cared about us and were happy we were at their hotel. We were offered warm cookies, coffee and tea when we checked in and everything was available at all times we were there.

Manager Anne is so professional, I spoke with her the last night of our stay to tell her how much we enjoyed "her" hotel. She has worked hard to make this a very warm and comfy place to stay and she has suceeded!

The furniture was nice and udpated, the beds and pillows were comfortable, there had extra allergy-proof blankets and pillows in the closet. We had a coffee maker in our room. The hotel was quiet and had a guest laundry.

We were able to get a great night's sleep each night we stayed at this hotel. I spoke to Manager Anne on our last night at the hotel, she was lovely and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay more pleasant!

Everything was wonderful - we'll be back.

Thanks Anne and staff - we'll see you soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leah_1_11_13
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Leah_1_11_13,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I have shared your comments with our hotel team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to have every one of our guests feel at home when staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Anne Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as a last minute overnight stay while traveling. Was extremely please with my stay. Experienced excellent front desk customer service. Quiet location. Clean rooms. Will definitely recommend to friends and family, as well as, stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear PoohBearno 1,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at this hotel on 3/9/2013, after a ride in from CT, exhausted from the trip I arrived to The Country Inn and Suites of Salisbury, MD. The front desk check in representative was very kind and efficient as she tried to accomodate us as best as possible. I wish that I could say that my room mimicked the warm reception I received. The bathroom had hair over the floor and sink as if someone just finished doing their hair and left the room. The floors were not vacuumed properly and the smell ( let's just say not so clean) I immediately called the front desk and was moved to another room which I thought would solve the problem, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This room was just as messy and because I was pressed for time, I decided to remain at the hotel and discuss the unsatisfactory conditions with the "general manager" Anne Webster. At first she seemed very kind and helpful and asked what she could do to ensure that my next stay would be unlike the first. I told her that I would have to give it some thought and I would get back to her. She stated that she would be going away on a vacation and we would discuss the option of me receiving a gift certificate upon her return. After a week and some better we did not have that conversation and the charges for the room $104.16 + $5.00 incidentals were dropped from my card. To my understanding it was because she had understood that this could not be resolved and that was fine with me since I was not planning on staying there again. On April 2nd (almost 3 weeks later) the charges were made to my card and I called Anne Webster to discuss my concerns and she basically called me a liar and said that I knew that my card was supposed to be charged and since it was not I am a liar and she would not rectify the charges nor issue the gift certificate that we had previously discussed that she would issue, she was EXTREMELY NASTY and due to my distress it was best that we ended the call. I then had to call Carlson Rezidor who stated that they were the managing offices for that business and I stayed on the phone with the customer care reps for almost and hour of my time just to be told that it was my word against hers and her word trumps my complaint. I must now ask the question, customer service???? really??? what ever happened to the customer satisfaction???? To my understanding it is THE CUSTOMER that keeps your business open because we patronize your establishment. WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
To continue, the customer service dept called Anne and she told them that I was aware that my card was to be charged and that she was going to issue the gift certificate but could not reach me to confirm my address, now... really???? I am understanding that in the US due to identity theft that a valid picture ID should accompany every credit card purchase, per Ms Webster she does not have my information and thus could not send the gift certificate as PROMISED!!! However now due to me being dishonest she will not be issuing the gift certificate to compensate my stay. OK so you don't have my ID, but you have my credit card and you did not bother to exhaust all forms of contact to get in touch with me to make me aware that # 1 you could not reach me to give the card, #2 you charged my card 3 weeks after my stay, #3 when I call you to get an explanation you call me a liar and then over talk me while I am trying to express myself. I should have searched the previous reviews for this hotel prior to my stay then I would have seen that this is not the first run in with Ms. Webster who seriously has some extreme underlying issues that prohibits her from being kind to the customer. I am certain that the hotel establishment is well aware that this will be ongoing until they deal with the problems at hand, starting with the general manager. My question is how will this be resolved and what has to happen to ensure that it will be resolved, please be aware that this is not the only hotel in Salisbury and the guest do not have to put up with this type of service, however since we were not aware of this and hindsight is 20/20- My question is Carlson Rezidor what will be done?? Country Inn and Suites what will be done??? Signed, A very, very, very frustrated and disappointed customer...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Angela H
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Angela H,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of each guest. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our property holds high standards and appreciates each guest that stays with us. Customer service is a #1 priority for our team. If an inconvenience occurs, our management team strives to address the issue immediately while keeping the best interest of the guest at heart for resolution. Once again, Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD.

Anne Webster

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and would not hesitate to stay here or at other Country Inn & Suites again. Customer service was excellent, especially Tina at the Front Desk. We had some problems with our room when we checked in and were upgraded to a king suite with a Jacuzzi. This was a very nice gesture as we booked the room through Priceline at a very low cost. I really felt like they cared that we were happy there and with their hotel. You don't always see that these days. The breakfast was fine and the cookies were a nice treat. Bed and pillows were very comfortable and we slept like babies. The fitness center is small but had a treadmill which is all I needed. The hotel is not located on the main strip, which is fine with me, but it is still close enough to get to everything quickly.

Room Tip: Suites are much nicer than the regular rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Mom3boys,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We appreciate having the opportunity to assist with the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. It is very important that we make each guests' stay a memorable one. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for the opportunity to assist.

Greenbelt, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

There is so much that I like about the Country Inn & Suites. Location is great, where the Salisbury Bypass meets US50 East towards Ocean City. At check in, the front desk staff is always friendly, efficient, professional, and armed with cookies. Special kudos to Brian for exceeding guest expectations. Guest rooms are clean and comfortable with ample cable access. Great jacuzzi rooms for a bit more! The fitness room is more than adequate. The user-über-friendly business center has Microsoft Office. The pool hours are great: 6am to 11pm, then 11pm to midnite are for Adults Only! The real gem at the entire hotel is in the pool area. They have the Best. Jacuzzi. Ever. You feel completely rejuvenated after spending fifteen minutes in their enormous jacuzzi. LOVE THE MICROWAVE and L-A-R-G-E refrigerator. There is a surprisingly great Food Lion grocery store near by with organic selections and anything you want. Eat in your room and enjoy your staycation.

Few suggestions for improvement:
1. more protein, less industrial carbs for their breakfast. Turkey bacon would be fantastic.
2. please don't block Facebook in the business center. That is pretty lame.
3. two cooky choices at all times. we hotel guests can be finicky.
4. pay per view, please, if that doesn't go against corporate policy
5. steer folks away from the restaurant, "Steak Salisbury", at the end of the parking lot...unless they deliver. Food is fine; service is sub-par.

All in all, great hotel. My multiple stays there definitely made me a Carlson Club believer.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HickoryRidge,

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts about your recent stay with us. The whirlpool in our pool area is very relaxing. We do our best to make sure that only adults are in the pool area from 11 pm to midnight. The hotel also has a warm heated indoor pool that is very relaxing. We look forward to your return.

Camden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff is excellent and greets you with a smile. They are very helpful and makes this a wonderful place to stay. The variety of food is great and even the people staying at the hotel was friendly. In a good location and not far from the mall.

Room Tip: If you are getting away to relax, even by yourself, get the whirlpool suite. No matter what room I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear StarRaCamden,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I definitely agree with you about the Whirlpool Suite rooms. The Whirlpool Suites are very spacious and offer a "Tub for Two" in the bedroom separate from the bathroom. You have the ability to relax in an whirlpool tub while watching your favorite TV show. In morning, there is a yummy breakfast with fresh fruit, waffles and a rotating menu with hot items like omelets or scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon and breakfast potatoes. We look forward to your return soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night and as with all the other Country Inn's the customer service was great! I had reserved my room a few days before and there was no problems at check in. The room was wonderful, sleep quality was good.this hotel looked like it had just been updated. Breakfast was really good with both hot and cold options. There is free wi-fi and ample parking. The only downfall to this visit was they had just painted and the fumes from the paint gave me a horrible headache! I would have changed rooms but was too tired to move my things! Great stay overall!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Smoothamaretto,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Country Inn & Suites. We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. We love for our guests to feel at home while away from theirs. We have been going through many upgrades over the last few weeks. We apologize for the paint smell throughout the hotel. The painting will be complete by the end of January. We are so excited about the way things are progressing. We look forward to your return.