“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was beyond our expectations; the exterior was well kept and the interior was clean and up-scaled. My kids loved the room, the beds were comfortable and the room was big and clean. The bathroom was very clean and smelled good. Our favourite part of the stay was the breakfast; we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast daily. The variety was consistent and the food tasted good. The staff was always very friendly and welcoming. I used the laundry facility and I had no complain. We used the pool only once and it was good. Overall, we had an excellent experience at the hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear TanishaLiveLife,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Anne Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Churchton, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is clean, the rooms are clean. I also check out the bathrooms and the beds when we arrive. They were both spotless. We were only there for a quick late night stay but enjoyed the room!! You can't go wrong here!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Missy H,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. It is important that our guests have an enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable stay. We hope that you will be able to stay with us a little longer during your next visit.

Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

As a past resident of Salisbury, the Country Inn and Suites is our home away from home when we come home to Salisbury to visit. The staff is friendly and we feel like family when we are welcomed by first name each time we arrive. We have reccomended to many friends and family who have stayed here too and have thanked us for the referral.

Rooms are clean and beds and pillows are very comfortable. Free breakfast with stay is nice and we always enjoy the waffles. The new expanded breakfast room is spacious and bright and inviting. Fresh baked cookies at the front desk are always a treat (when the youngsters dont beat us to them :-) . New flat screen tv's are nice. We are generally on the go when we visit but do enjoy the indoor pool when we can. Free wifi is always appreciated!

Located on the east side of Salisbury...Country Inn and Suites is only 30 minutes to Ocean City and a short drive to local shopping, restaurants and the Centre at Salisbury. We love the location..not a lot of traffic and easy to get to.

Some evenings when the Delmarva Shorebirds are home you can get a peek at the fireworks displays from your hotel window, the stadium is right across the highway. We also enjoy walking next door to the Fountains/Lagoon Bar for an evening drink, they also have DJ's and bands sometimes.

Highly reccomend if you are travels take you to Salisbury or Wicomico County.

Room Tip: We like the King Suites...with the seperate bedroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear MBS1967,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD as your home away from home. We love having you come and visit us throughout the year. It is wonderful to get to know you and your family. You have truly become part of the Country Inn & Suites family and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been here twice. It is 29 miles from Ocean City and a very nice stay to come back. Though it a somewhat long trip, we picked it for the free Continental breakfast, nice pool and whirlpool. Staff is informative and friendly. We came at 1pm for check in and was able to get in with no problem. Very clean and the air conditioning works fine but the fridge was abit noisy at night. Would recommend it to friends. Thank you.

1 Thank M0m_0f_Tw02010
Dear M0m_0f_Tw02010,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that we were able to accommodate your early check in request. There are times that we are not able to check our guests in early. However, if the room is available, we are happy to accommodate. We have a lending library located in the lobby for our guests to enjoy should the room not be available before 3 pm. There is a large selection of family reading available for your enjoyment. Thank you again.

Warm Regards,

Hyattsville, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is what happens when you book off of Hotwire.com. I guess you do get what you pay for. First allow me to share the silver lining; the waffles were good. Where should I begin with this place's problems? I spent two nights there, and the first thing I noticed was the water in the shower and sink is extremely hard. When I say hard, I mean it hits your skin hard. God forbid you have any sensitive spots on your body. Secondly, my towels and washcloths were removed from my room, but never replenished, so a couple hours later I was leaving out and had to ask the receptionist to ensure they were restocked. I was a victim of unremitting splashing while sitting in one of the chairs along side the pool. Mind you, I had my two children with me, and they wanted to get out of the water because of the kids just splashing water in their faces along with mine. Courtesy isn't displayed in this area, and there are no rules preventing it. Keep those waffles in mind if you're still holding on to hope. My last issue is the lack of communication. I received additional charges to my account days after I left, and I am still unaware of what the charges are for. I would not recommend this hotel nor will I be returning. The Holiday Inn Express is close by, and I would rather stay there.

4 Thank Deborah J
Dear Deborah J,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We strive to meet our guests expectations. I have researched your stay in detail to see about the extra charges that were mentioned. However, I am only reflecting the charges to Hotwire. I do not see any charges to your incidental credit card. We think of our guests as our family and if something is not to your expectations, we would love to have the opportunity to assist at the time your expectations are not met. This helps us to improve our services and for our family to enjoy their stay. Thank you again for your comments and giving us an opportunity to improve.

Anne Webster

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you want to go and enjoy the pool and hot tub....do not bother especailly if there are kids in there. They allow kids to splash water in guests faces, scream to the top of their lungs and do nothing about it. Talked to Bryan the front desk and he went in and talked to the parent and it just got worse after that. Two other people in our party complained and he went to the pool window and looked in and did nothing. They do not care about the people staying there....there were fruit flies in the breakfast area. I asked to speak to the manager Anne and she was not there. Called the next day and Bryan said she was not there again. I finally heard back from Anne via email (which I think I should have received a phone call instead). She pretty much said she was sorry to hear about the trouble we had with the pool and said she hoped we would stay there again... REALLY??? One time was enough for me. I called customer service again and told them I wanted Anne to call me, she finally did and I got no where with her. She told me that she would not give us any money back for our issue. I said how would you like it if you spend an X amount of money on a room and then wouldn't be able to enjoy the pool. Also how would you like it if you had someone with you that was on a cane and was the main reason we stayed at your motel for the hot tub use and then not get to use it. Well that was a waste of time talking to Anne. I am not done complaining about our stay and we have alot of friends that travel and we have or will be telling them NEVER to stay there. A word of mouth goes a VERY long way!!!!

4 Thank lvjodee
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear IVjodee,

I apologize for your the concerns that you shared during your stay. The hotel makes every effort to assist with all of our guests needs. The hotel provides general pool hours for all guests Sunday -Saturday 6a-11p and until mid-night for adults. This provides the Adults an opportunity to have exclusive swimming without children. When visiting a hotel, the pool is the #1 attraction for families that have children. We do ask our guests that they are mindful of other guests that maybe in the pool area. Once again, I apologize for your concerns.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed in August 2012 and found the fact that this hotel was ranked number 1 surprising . Rooms were only ok, and not that clean. There was mold on the wall by the shower, and pubic hair in the shower. There were scuff marks all over the walls. Beds were only ok. Noise levels in the hallway were ok, but we were on the first floor and were awakened by loud noises (people walking ) from above. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Tyler W
Dear Tyler W,

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salisbury, MD. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our guests. I can assure you that the items that you have described in your review have been addressed with our team to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Our team is taking the opportunity to improve with your feedback. We hope to see you in the future so that we can prove to exceed your expectations.