“Never Again”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Hyattsville, Maryland, United States
“Never Again”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is what happens when you book off of Hotwire.com. I guess you do get what you pay for. First allow me to share the silver lining; the waffles were good. Where should I begin with this place's problems? I spent two nights there, and the first thing I noticed was the water in the shower and sink is extremely hard. When I say hard, I mean it hits your skin hard. God forbid you have any sensitive spots on your body. Secondly, my towels and washcloths were removed from my room, but never replenished, so a couple hours later I was leaving out and had to ask the receptionist to ensure they were restocked. I was a victim of unremitting splashing while sitting in one of the chairs along side the pool. Mind you, I had my two children with me, and they wanted to get out of the water because of the kids just splashing water in their faces along with mine. Courtesy isn't displayed in this area, and there are no rules preventing it. Keep those waffles in mind if you're still holding on to hope. My last issue is the lack of communication. I received additional charges to my account days after I left, and I am still unaware of what the charges are for. I would not recommend this hotel nor will I be returning. The Holiday Inn Express is close by, and I would rather stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Deborah J
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Deborah J,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We strive to meet our guests expectations. I have researched your stay in detail to see about the extra charges that were mentioned. However, I am only reflecting the charges to Hotwire. I do not see any charges to your incidental credit card. We think of our guests as our family and if something is not to your expectations, we would love to have the opportunity to assist at the time your expectations are not met. This helps us to improve our services and for our family to enjoy their stay. Thank you again for your comments and giving us an opportunity to improve.

Anne Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you want to go and enjoy the pool and hot tub....do not bother especailly if there are kids in there. They allow kids to splash water in guests faces, scream to the top of their lungs and do nothing about it. Talked to Bryan the front desk and he went in and talked to the parent and it just got worse after that. Two other people in our party complained and he went to the pool window and looked in and did nothing. They do not care about the people staying there....there were fruit flies in the breakfast area. I asked to speak to the manager Anne and she was not there. Called the next day and Bryan said she was not there again. I finally heard back from Anne via email (which I think I should have received a phone call instead). She pretty much said she was sorry to hear about the trouble we had with the pool and said she hoped we would stay there again... REALLY??? One time was enough for me. I called customer service again and told them I wanted Anne to call me, she finally did and I got no where with her. She told me that she would not give us any money back for our issue. I said how would you like it if you spend an X amount of money on a room and then wouldn't be able to enjoy the pool. Also how would you like it if you had someone with you that was on a cane and was the main reason we stayed at your motel for the hot tub use and then not get to use it. Well that was a waste of time talking to Anne. I am not done complaining about our stay and we have alot of friends that travel and we have or will be telling them NEVER to stay there. A word of mouth goes a VERY long way!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lvjodee
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear IVjodee,

I apologize for your the concerns that you shared during your stay. The hotel makes every effort to assist with all of our guests needs. The hotel provides general pool hours for all guests Sunday -Saturday 6a-11p and until mid-night for adults. This provides the Adults an opportunity to have exclusive swimming without children. When visiting a hotel, the pool is the #1 attraction for families that have children. We do ask our guests that they are mindful of other guests that maybe in the pool area. Once again, I apologize for your concerns.

Anne Webster

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed in August 2012 and found the fact that this hotel was ranked number 1 surprising . Rooms were only ok, and not that clean. There was mold on the wall by the shower, and pubic hair in the shower. There were scuff marks all over the walls. Beds were only ok. Noise levels in the hallway were ok, but we were on the first floor and were awakened by loud noises (people walking ) from above. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Tyler W
Dear Tyler W,

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salisbury, MD. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our guests. I can assure you that the items that you have described in your review have been addressed with our team to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Our team is taking the opportunity to improve with your feedback. We hope to see you in the future so that we can prove to exceed your expectations.

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is about 30 from Ocean City, Md. Nice and quiet, breakfast was good. Supermarket , Family Dollar, and Wine and Spirits close by. Even though it was crowded, it wasn't noisy. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Exhale94,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salisbury, MD for your accommodations. Hopefully next time you come to the area, you will be able to stay longer and visit more local attractions such as the Free Zoo and the historical parks that are located in Wicomico County. Thank you again.

altima2008
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently did a weekend trip to Ocean City MD with the kids and decided to book with country inn and suites due to its good rating on trip advisor and my good expierence with this hotel in Camp Springs MD. I have to say this hotel met and exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff was very pleasant from check in to check out. The appearance of the hotel inside and out was clean and inviting. The room was very clean and spacious. The indoor pool and hot tub provided a nice way to relax after a long day at the beach and traveling.

I usually don't like to tell people about this but my kids have celiac disease(food has to be gluten free with little to no wheat). This is the first time I've been to a hotel where getting a good tasting and healthy breakfeast that met their needs wasn't a struggle. There was plenty of options for them to choose from. That scored major points with me. It was also nice that there was more than three or four tables in the breakfeast area.

Please keep up the great work :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear altima2008,

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Salisbury, MD. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed their stay. It is important to us that our guests feel at home and leave with a feeling of relaxation. We are always striving to improve for our guests. I glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy the breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is right next door to The Fountains where I attended a wedding reception. It was very convenient and I had an enjoyable stay. The staff were all courteous (even the cleaners). The complimentary breakfast was very good. I like the fact that it didn't end until 10:30 am on the weekends. It gave me time to sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast. Also it was a great variety as well as very tastey (loved the make your own waffles). This was the first hotel I've ever stayed in that had it's own library where you could check out books and either read there in the lobby/library area or take to your room. The selection was very thin and I do hope they increase it, but as a reader, I loved that they offered this amenity. The rooms were spacious and very well laid out. I did have a bit of difficulty adjusting the room temperature, but nothing real major. The room was very clean (including the bathroom) and equipped w/a refrigerator and microwave. Of course there's an ironing board and iron as well as coffee maker. I liked that the bathroom was more than adquately supplied w/towels. The hotel was pretty full w/youth participating in a champioship. The receptionist informed me of this when I checked in and said I could contact her should there be any problem w/noise after there 10:00pm Quiet Time. There was not. The quiet time rule was definitely honored by all guests. The TV had adequate cable stations (better than some hotels). Room lighting was good and curtains neat, cleaned and closed well to keep out light. I would definitely use this hotel again should I need one in the area as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear IYB_me,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted to read about your stay with us. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share the details about your stay. The "Make your own waffles" are wonderful with the Fresh Fruit on top. It is a perfect way to start the day. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you again.

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Surround yourself with angels. That's the way it has felt for my wife and I at Country Inn and Suites in Salisbury MD. I have been back several times for business and my wife and I stay there whenever we are near Maryland's eastern shore. The hotel is loaded with amenities including a wonderful complementary breakfast served daily. In my experience with various hotels in the area I would rate Country Inn and Suites a strong number one. It is so much more than the hotel alone. The staff from their "All Hands On Deck" Anne Webster to "Perpetual Smile" Kathy Petzold at the front desk will make you feel welcomed and spoiled. The entire staff is dedicated to making your stay memorable and pleasant. Frank S.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank S
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Frank S,

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. I have posted your comments on the WOW board. It really means a great deal to everyone that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted that we are part of the great memories that have been created while staying on the Eastern Shore. Please let us know if we can assist with future accommodations. We are happy to help. Thank you again.