Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed for one night while on business in the Salisbury area. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean. My only complaint is that Carlson Hotels won't give any hotel points when booked on travel websites such as Expedia. Not impressed with that policy. Other major hotel chains are much more flexible. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
CX_SAMD, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Dear Golfnut222,

Thank you for staying with the Country Inn & Suites. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. We will also forward your comments about Club Carlson. Club Carlson has many additional perks that guests can enjoy that make hotel stays more affordable and enjoyable for everyone.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

What can i say? I booked the room the day before Thanksgiving because it was close and a bit cheaper then the other options. I called the hotel directly and told them i had 4 adults and 1 child and would need a cot. He assured me more then once, that wouldn't be a problem. When i got there, I was told they couldn't put a cot in the room because of fire safety hazards. I completely understand that, HOWEVER.....I still needed a cot! 2 queens wasn't going to really cut it for 4 adults and a 9 year old child. The lady at the desk told me a couple times, he shouldn't have okayed the cot and he would be spoken to about that. What do I care if they talk to him or not? its not helping my situation RIGHT NOW! All she could offer me was my money back or a discounted room. Seriously? I chose your hotel because it was cheaper, not because it was elegant or nice or had any great amenities I could use. By now I'm already late for Thanksgiving at my relatives home so what choice did I have but to stay? I didn't have time to be looking around for another place to stay. I was mad but no one really cared. So I will definitely NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Dear ElleKo,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD during the Holiday season. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion that occurred at check in. We value our guests opinion and I have addressed your concerns about the cot. We try to meet every guests request. Unfortunately, we were unable to provide the cot in the room with 2 queen beds due to local fire code regulations. Our guests safety is very important to us. However, we were able to provide an early check in on Thanksgiving so that our guests would not have to worry about the check in process after enjoying time with their families. Thank you again for choosing the Country Inn & Suites.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Very much enjoyed staying at the Salisbury Country Inn & Suites. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, staff welcoming and efficient. We were staying there as a group, and the Gen. Mgr., Ms. Webster, made absolutely sure our group had a pleasant stay. The property is conveniently located in a quiet area right off Rt. 50, but is an easy drive over to the university area. The substantial free breakfast and free in-room WiFi are also a plus. Can highly recommend this hotel, for groups or individuals, next time you are in or near Salisbury!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Seasons Greeting Kelly3,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury. Our staff always has a lot of fun getting to know groups, whether it is for a wedding, sports team or a bus tour. We know that it is important that our guests are provided the amenities and services they have come to enjoy. Thank you again for staying at Country Inn & Suites and we hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am never disappointed by my stays at Country Inn and Suites. The customer service is always outstanding and the rooms are comfortable. This stay was for business and the free Wi-Fi throughout the property was a plus. Not sure why the expensive chains charge for Wi-Fi but at Country Inn and Suites it is always included. The pool and hot tub were very nice and open until midnight, towels are provided. Hot breakfast every morning is another plus especially when you are in a hurry. Overall, this is a great chain and location in Salisbury, MD.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear APMAN652,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. At the Country Inn & Suites we value our guests. I will share your comments with our staff so that we can continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope that you will enjoy the holidays and come back and see us soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel chain and we liked it very much. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The gal that took care of the breakfast (nice selection of hot and cold choices) in the morning was one of the sweetest people I have ever met, a gem. I hope the staff there realizes what a treasure they have in her. The room was clean with the typical hotel room appointments. The breakfast lady also cleaned our room. She left the tip behind because she did not know it was for her. How much more honest can a person be? We found her in another room and gave her the tip.

Simple touches of cookies in the lobby, books to borrow, and inviting seating really did make this feel like a cozy place. Another nice touch was the fireplace in the dining area.

We did not use the pool area but it looked very appealing. There is also an exercise room near the pool.

It seems many hotels are going to the duvet instead of blanket and bedspread and this hotel is no exception. I do not like the duvets and would rather have the bedspread (that I can remove) and a blanket. The duvet was too heavy and bulky and I wasn't confident that it hadn't been used by others before me. We will probably return to this hotel and I will ask for a blanket then. Pillows weren't the best so we were glad we brought our own.

It did get pretty noisy in the evening (which is not the hotel management's fault but rather the guests'). Much slamming of doors and loud voices up until about 10:30. Since we are early risers, I wondered how they would feel if we slammed our door at 6:00 a.m. At 7:20 a.m. they all got their wake up call -- someone burned toast in the breakfast area and set off the fire alarms. I guess that is called just desserts!

The location of this hotel is convenient, easy exit off the Salisbury bypass. Nearby are some restaurants, gas stations, and shopping centers.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cjajsmom

Dear Cjajsmom,

Thank you for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites in Salisbury, MD. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree, the breakfast staff is wonderful and they take a lot of pride in the work they do for our great guests. We have recently expanded our breakfast room to make it larger so we can offer more of a selection. Our next improvement in the breakfast area will be glassware instead of Styrofoam. We are looking to have this completed by mid-December. Thank you again for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here last summer with my 2 children and had to attend an early morning meeting at the University with my son. The front desk was so friendly and offered to keep an eye out for my 11 year old daughter who was left sleeping in the room. The hotel was in a very safe area. My ONLY complaint: I met a family at the pool who had been in the room we were in, and had been moved to another room due to an ant problem in the bathroom. The desk clerk who checked us in was aware of this and still opted to let this room without informing us of the problem. Checked the bathroom after speaking to the other family and saw a few ants, but by morning the problem was much worse. The manager took my complaint very serious and offered a free night stay at any of their other locations or a full refund. I was impressed by her response and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Laura Brittain W

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind words about the staff & management at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury MD. We make every effort possible to ensure our guests have a "Like home" stay. I apologize about the ant problem that you encountered. We like to be very pro-active with maintenance but sometimes we have an unexpected issue. However, as soon as it is brought to our attention, we act immediately. It is of the most importance that our guests are able to enjoy there stay and that you know we value you and your family. We hope that you have a great Holiday Season.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

The Hotel was so very clean, I was surprised. I've lived on the eastern shore my whole life, around this time of year you can expect fruit flies no matter where you go, but the hotel was spotless. The heated pull was awesome, but there were a lot of towels around the area. My room had two queen bed and a pull out couch.

Room Tip: As them about the price difference for a suite! having a separate tv for both your kids and you is s...