“Smart Service”

Denny's
Ranked #23 of 195 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia
“Smart Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

When I told the waitress about my food allergies, she relayed the information to the cooks and made sure my food was allergen free. The staff were friendly but not hovering. Good food and prices. The tables are not crowded so we felt like we had our own private space.

Visited August 2014

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Should have read the reviews before eating here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hubby and I were there about 5am today. Two state troopers, a 3-top of men were there. FINALLY got a waitress, took us 15 minutes to get coffee which she brought after taking the 3-tops order. Ours was ready so we started giving it. I didn't know they now have a NEW policy that grits will be available ONLY 6am to 2pm. It was 5:20am when I looked at the clock. I chose 2 eggs over easy, bacon, sausage and english muffin NO BUTTER/MARGARINE.

We tried getting servers attention when our cup ran out, but she was too busy talking to the outgoing waitress. Now I did catch her eye, but she turned away and leaned against counter top to avoid making eye contact again.

On old man came in about 5:30am. He got HIS order before the 3-top got theirs! We got our order around 5:45am. THEN the 3-top got theirs! As a bartender, I understand regulars, but NOT when you have 2 tables ordered BEFORE he even showed up!

Hubby had grand slam, which he said was okay; but nothing to write home about. Mine was horrible. Sausage was under cooked, bacon was black and english muffin was dripping with yellow grease. I said I asked for a PLAIN muffin. Oh, right....3 times she had to tell kitchen to redo it! Seriously! She had to YELL! Then the cook spoke and we realized he didn't speak English well hence the communication issue.

By the time I did get the muffins my eggs were COLD. Do you have any idea how nasty COLD eggs are?!

When I went to pay the $19.82 bill I gave her $40. She actually asked what was that for. I replied, you do want a tip?

Look for an IHOP or Dunkin. Avoid this place at all costs. May be good for locals, but not for visitors!

• Visited August 2014
Pittsburgh
“Decent food, average service, long wait for food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate here three times while we were in Salisbury. Even though we did not have the best experience the first time, we returned because it was close to our hotel plus we did not have the time to drive to downtown and then wait.

The food was fine. We enjoyed the breakfast items. The lunch items were not as good particularly the burgers. The wait staff seemed to be working hard, but they we had to get their attention for drink refills. The food took forever to come out the kitchen. On our last day, we asked to be seated in the front of the restaurant closer to the kitchen and had better service.

On the first day, we mentioned the poor service to the manager who apologized, but look confused about what to do about it. A small discount from the bill or a coupon would have been appreciated.

I would recommend you invest the time in finding better breakfast places in the area rather than stopping at Denny's. If you have no other choice, ask to be seated in the front room and stick to breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
Baltimore
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The worst experience I've ever had at a Denny's. First we were not sat at a table taht could accomodate the whole party. The manager stated that he asked if I wanted the tables moved together. I could not remember him asking nut even so any other time, staff would automatically put the tables together. Then we had the worse waitress I've ever had. She did not greet us. On her first approach she asked what we wanted to drink. On her second approach she asked what we wanted to eat. That's it. Not one ounce of friendliness.

My hash brown came out overcooked. My neices was fine and I called the waitress over to show her the difference. I then heard her yell three times, "She said her hash browns are too dark". I thought that staff were supposed to discuss this away from customers. They then sent me hash browns that were clearly undercooked. I could not understand it because again, my neice's had been cooked perfectly.

The manager came over, apologized and took $6.00 off. It was the worse experience I've had at any restaurant. Avoid at all costs. Bad food + bad service. Perhaps, they don't work as hard because it's so convenient to the hotel.

Visited July 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Denny's was accessible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I liked that we could walk to Denny's after traveling for so long and arriving so late. The waitress was pleasant but we were charged for even an extra serving of dressing for the salad.That never happened to me before. The food was satiable and decently priced with a great variety.

Visited June 2014