“A Great Find”

Cuisines: Chinese
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Great Find”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Visiting from DC, wanted Chinese food and randomly chose this place. What luck! The place was clean and seating organized well. Plenty of room for our party of 8. Seemed very popular with locals as people frequently came and left as we ate. There was a Sushi area, a pseudo-Mongolian grill area, seafood (crab, lobster, oysters, shrimp, etc), and several rows of food, which all was fresh looking. The food was delicious. The bill was reasonable, came to about ten bucks per person, including the tip.

Parsonsburg
“Best in town by far”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Chinatown Buffet has been a great place to get a great meal for many years, and the recent addition has only made it better. The sushi selections have doubled and have become more varied. The seafood (oysters,mussels, and shrimp) is fresh and plentiful. The hot dishes are replenished constantly, and have a consistent level of quality not often found in buffet cuisine. Service is prompt and drinks are refilled without hesitation. The large room and decor lend itself to a pleasant, non-hurried, dining experience.
I have eaten at Chinatown Buffet at least once a month for years, mostly for lunch, and have never been disappointed. The lunch prices are awesome. I also pick up food to go regularly. Great carry out for a great price.
Chinatown Buffet is the best in the area, without doubt.

2 Thank MLR274
Hurlock, Maryland
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was going to my favorite Chinese buffet in Seaford Delaware only to find they were no longer in business. With our minds made up we wanted Chinese food we drove to Salisbury and found the Chinatown Buffet. The restaurant was very clean and there was an enormous selection of food.
The food was very good but the hot food could have been a little hotter. It was just slightly warm. The service was excellent. The waitress kept our beverages filled and our empty plates were removed from the table very promptly. Our sodas were flat and lacked carbonation. At $2.50 per drink, I expected better than that. I was not happy when I got the bill. The prices posted in the entrance were not the prices we paid. I was shocked when I got the bill. It was about $35.00 for 2 people. I think that's very high compared to other buffets I've been to. I also found it very annoying to listen to a screaming baby while I was trying to enjoy my meal. I can't blame that on the restaurant. Based on the price alone, I doubt seriously I ever go back.

Maryland
“OK”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was the biggest and best Chinese buffet we had in town but a little pricey. Flaming Grill & Buffet recently opened literally right down the street from Chinatown Buffet and they have definitely hurt Chinatown's business. Flaming has more to offer and they are cheaper than Chinatown. We have been to Flaming Grill a couple of times and then decided to go back to Chinatown to see if they had made any changes to compete with Flaming. Normally Chinatown's service is spot on. The server's are really good about clearing the dirty dishes and refilling drinks, not this time!!! This was the worst service we have ever had at Chinatown. They had not lowered their prices either.

We noticed that Chinatown was recently closed for remodeling (Oct 2013) so when they opened back up we were curious. The remodel only gave them more seating. They have changed the décor and it looks a lot nicer. However, they have not really added any more food choices. They have not added anymore steam or food tables. The only change that we noticed is that they added a seafood bar where the check out counter used to be. They have raw oysters freshly shucked in front of you. They have brought the snow crab legs back but they are served COLD?????!!!!! They have lowered their prices now but the service is still a disappointment.

• Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Great”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I know that alot of people shy away from buffetts because they do not feel they are sanitary. This buffett is the best I have ever seen! They have a little something for everyone. Employees are constantly replenishing the food and cleaning the area of spills and such. The food pans and utensils in the food are constantly replaced. The food is flavourful and I love the variety. They recently expanded the buffet to add additional food items!!!!! Love this place.

• Visited April 2013