“my all time favorite”

Viet Taste
Ranked #36 of 203 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I eat at Viet Taste at least once a week. The Wonton Soup is amazing and so are the vegetarian summer rolls. I love the vegetarian pad thai. I could eat here everyday, I love it. The vegetables are definitely fresh, not frozen. They serve their Pho with a fresh sprig of basil (I think they grow it in the back)

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Waited 30 minutes for below average food. Chose the vegetarian rice clay pot and spring rolls. The spring roll consisted of a hardened piece of tofu, rice and noodles. Dipping sauce was the best part. The portion size of the entree for the price was poor. The clay pot entree overall flavor was good but the mushrooms in the dish tasting bad, almost rotten. Tofu was not cooked to my liking and the entree lacked variety. Atmosphere was clean but no one should have to wait 30 minutes for carry out. If vegetarian entrees are not something they are good at then please take them off your menu.

gktien, General Manager at Viet Taste, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

I'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience with us. I have read your review and been pondering for a while how I was going to respond. The first thing I did though was inform the cooks about the issue with the mushrooms and the tofu. We will do our best to make sure that we do not serve rotten mushrooms. The clay pot and the summer roles are both popular dishes here, although I believe the clay pot is taste much better when dining in, as the rice is able to caramelize staying in the pot.
Sorry you had to wait so long for your food. We are a small family business with limited staff. Sometimes we appear to be quick, other times with a lot of orders, it can take longer. But we are all working hard to get folks their food as soon as possible. Although we can't change your previous experience, I hope that you could try us again, and I'll do what I can to give you a better experience. Thank you for your time.
Gary Kelley
General Manager, Viet Taste.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food made up for the lackluster service and decor. Server greeted us while she was still on phone and multiple tables were in desperate need of bussing.
The saving grace for multiple missteps was food.

gktien, General Manager at Viet Taste, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm apologize for the bad service. We are a small mostly family run operation. Depending on how busy we are or if one of our staff is not here, it unfortunately affects our service. We will work harder to improve in this area. We also welcome any ideas for improving our decor. Thank you for your time.

Gary Kelley
General Manager, Viet Taste.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Agree with previous reviewers that this restaurant serves excellent Vietnamese food. For Saturday lunch we had the Chicken Pho and Seafood Clay Pot. Could not believe how hot the food was (temperature-wise) -- which was much appreciated. Everything was cooked perfectly - nothing was overcooked. BYOB. We got nice beer mugs for the beer we brought. We will be back soon to sample more items from the extensive menu.

Restaurant is located just around the corner from the newly relocated Evolution brewery. We stopped there for a beer and a tour. Heard comments about Evolution's restaurant that were not favorable, so eat at Viet Taste instead.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Viet Taste twice and have been surprised both times it wasn't filled to overflowing. While the atmosphere is very casual, the food is delicious and the family that runs Viet Taste tries to make you feel welcome.
I couldn't resist having the squid with basil both times. It's spicy and tasty. I thought the seafood with rice noodles was rather mild but that's probably good so that folks who don't share my liking for spicy can have an alternative.
There is a TV for those who care about that kind of thing (I don't ) and I've seen small children so I guess you csn say it's "kid friendly "--my kids loved Vietnamese when they were little!
Viet Taste is a nice alternative to Eastern Shore seafood and a fun stop in Salisbury if you are traveling up or down Route 50/13 as I do. And if you live there, you're lucky to have it!