“Not Very Good BBQ”
Review of Famous Dave's - CLOSED

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 17, 2013

ehhh, food was cold and mushy and portion size was extremely small. I got the beef brisket platter with grilled pineapple and mashed potatoes. Not what I expected.

There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to FD's a couple of times over the holiday season. If you like BBQ, this is a good choice. My favorite is the All-American BBQ Feast - it is served for two or four and includes St. Louis style ribs, Chicken, Beef Brisket (awesome), corn on the cob, corn muffins (ask for butter) and two sides - they push fries and beans. The beans come with some real zip - a must have, but I like to switch my fries (good, but typical) for the mac n cheese. The mac n cheese is served with some corn kernels mixed in and has an unusual spicy kick - a real treat!

When you get there, there is usually a wait, but you can wait at the bar which is large and has tall tables which I really like. Oddly, they did not do a food special on game day on my last visit..hmm...The host(ess) are typical of a chain restaurant but the wait staff is much better. They are efficient, friendly, and always get the order right. I am sure they are working from a script, but they put enough individuality into it to make each visit unique.

As an app I have had the chicken wings - thumbs up here, but the meals are large so plan to share your app or you will leave overstuffed. I had dessert only once - the table shared the Hot Fudge Kahlua Brownie. The product is good enough to warrant taking half your dinner home to save room. Plenty big enough for two.

This place has extensive beer/drink choices, but I usually have the fresh brewed iced tea.

The tables come equipped with 6 kinds of sauce (try a touch of all and find your fav!) and a roll of paper towels because it hard not to use your fingers!

Next time you are at the north end of town, check it out!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Last time there, three of us ordered the brisket, which was about 60% fat.
Their ribs are generally very good, however.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I tried this chain restaurant on a recommendation from a fellow co-worker of mine who had eaten here for his first time also. He raved about it and so I had to try it for myself. I cannot say enough about this place so you will just need to try it for yourself. I will go over just a few of the highlights of our visit. Our waitress came over and greeted us immediately. It was out first time so she showed went the above and beyond telling us about Famous Dave's and a little bit of the history of the chain. We received assorted samples of the different BBQ sauces to try out on some chips. Loved every one of them. The appetizers and the entrees came out spaced just perfect and the appetizers were great and the beef brisket is the best that I had ever eaten by far. It is tender and cooked perfectly. The Wilbur Beans are outstanding and have little bits of beef brisket in them. The potato salad is made just how I like it with little slices of egg and celery in it. Our waitress was the best we have had on all of Delmarva so far, so Kudos to Famous Dave's for there training. The assistant manager came up to us occasionally which is nice to ask us how this were and let us know about all the free perks of signing up online for Famous Dave's Club (which is also free). For going out to eat on a "Friday the 13th" this was one of the most pleasant experiences we've had in quite a while. I have not seen this kind of service in a long time! We will be back as soon as possible.

1  Thank GBG2005