First, let me start by saying I don't have high expectations in regards to "cheap" hotels. But, even I was disgusted. The room we stayed in should be condemned. We had such a problem with flies that we had to call the front desk. (My husband had already killed at least two dozen with his hat at that point.) The front desk offered to spray but with both of us having asthma, we didn't want to take the chance of a reaction so we asked for a fly swatter instead. They did bring us one, which got quite a workout over the next 2 days. The carpets were stained, and totally filthy. I didn't even feel comfortable going barefoot. Also, there were dead bug carcasses on the floor (flies and others I didn't identify). On the day we were checking out, I realized that the mattress we slept on had blood on it! (A lot, not just a drop either!) Maybe that's why the flies are hanging around?? The bathroom was not that clean at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure someone had shaved over our ice bucket...
The breakfast was a joke. The last time I checked, it was not sanitary to have margarine, peanut butter and jelly for everyone to dip their knife into! And, the black "X" over the bread told me this was not the freshest. (Day old? Thrift store?)
I will say that the workers I encountered were nice enough, the lobby wasn't that bad and the pool looked good. But the room was awful! I really feel that the local health department should visit this location. I'm sure they would require some changes. Even the towels and washcloths were stained.
My regret is that we didn't complain enough while we were there. I would have tried to get my money refunded and would have slept in our car if we had to. We were there to visit family (military) and just didn't want to put up a fuss in front of them. Bad mistake. Lesson learned. Don't prepay for a room, make sure you see the room you are to stay in before handing them your credit card, and speak up if it's not satisfactory! I filled out a complaint form on their website but I doubt they will respond.
We have stayed at other ABVIs in other states with mixed results, but never this bad. We will not be booking another. I will be burning my "value club" card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 123 room inn perfectly located with easy access to major businesses, resorts, entertainment, recreation, shopping, dining, and attractions. Immaculate guestrooms offer modern in-room conveniences and quality amenities for our guests comfort. Offering an array of facilities Americas Best Value Inn Salisbury is the perfect choice for leisure, corporate, family reunions, groups, meetings and special events. Our difference is the hometown pride and commitment to provide every guest with exceptional comfort, quality, and service at the most affordable rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Salisbury
- Americas Best Value Inn Salisbury