Americas Best Value Inn
$134
$119
Residence Inn
$63
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My family and I stayed here for the Seagull Century this past Oct14-16, 2011. Staff was courteous and the morning ride breakfast of biscuit and gravy was good-- not so much the next day though. But the worst was when I discovered bed bug bites all over my face, arms and legs a week later. Lots of calamine lotion and a dose of Benadryl taken internally finally helped. I still have bitemarks from two weeks ago. Grrrr!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank j0e_75
AMBVISBY, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Sorry for not replying earlier,our rooms are microcleaned and they are all green rooms and if the matter would have been reported to the front desk we would have taken immediate action such as refunded the money or would have changed the room,our hotel has been awarded the highest 500 points by the company inspector and we are making every attempt to improve our service to the entire satisfaction of our customer.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I booked a room through travelocity for one night thinking it can't be that bad, boy was I ever wrong. Check in was not bad. The room was horrible I believe it is the same furniture from when the hotel used to be the Holiday Inn back in the 70's & 80's. We went to my mom's to get some clean bed linen, fortunately she doesn't live to far away. We came back and looked at each other and decided the heck with it. We were not sleeping in that stinky, musty, disgusting room. It just wasn't worth it and we didn't care about the $110.00 that we were going to be charged. I agree with the reviewer who wrote that it is a place where criminals on the run would stay and the reviewer who wrote that they went to the Marriott Courtyard--and said they were surprised that the Marriott didn't ask them to be fumigated before coming to their place. We just weren't taking the risk of bed bugs, allergy flare-ups and a terrible night's stay at this low down filthy motel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amylou578

Sorry for not replying earlier we are extremly sorry for the problems you'll went through if the matter would have been reported to the front desk at that very moment we would take immediate step to correct it like changing the room or refunded the entire amount of stay,our hotel has been awarded the TOP QUALITY ASSURANCE AWARD FOR THE YEAR 2012 and we are making every effort to improve our service to our customers.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Nothing particularly awful or great stands out about our particulate visit to this hotel, (other than it being a bit pricey for nothing special). Stayed one night over weekend. Room was a bit worn out and smelly and could have used an update, especially the stained carpets. We were "forced" to rent a smoking room (online booking) and it was evident there was quite an attempt to cover up smoke smell, which made it doubly reek. Free breakfast was meager except for make-yourself waffles, which was kinda nice.
Beds were fairly comfortable but covers had several small cigarette burn holes.

Room Tip: Sign up for America's Best Value Inn "value club card" for free and get 15% off your stay. Rate was cheaper than my AAA.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelinGoof

Sorry for replying so late I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience you had to go through but we could have done better if the matter was brought to the attention of the front desk we could have upgraded your room or anything else to make things right,we have been awarded THE TOP QUALITY ASSURANCE AWARD FOR THE YEAR 2012 and we are trying to do everything to please our customers,I again apologise for the inconvenience.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My wife and our 2 children had the unfortunate displeasure of being put in this hotel by Travelocity.com. The lobby looked rather well kept, so i was hoping for the best. Unfortunately once we got into the room we were absolutely appauled by the smell and cleanliness of the room. My kids ran around on the carpet for 30 mins and the bottoms of their sock became BLACK!!!! So gross! I took a walk to look for a ice machine when I noticed a door left opened and there was a full kids kitchen set setup in the room with dirty kids running around ...meaning people live there for extended periods of time (Welfare hotel). My wife and I walked across the street to the stores and noticed alot of shadey dealing going on in the parking lot with cars coming and going out of this 1 apartment. Needless to say we all slept ni our van across the street in the Marshalls parking lot that night, due to hurricane Irene all hotels in the area were booked. STAY AWAY from this drug infested disgusting hotel !!!!! O and when I turned down the sheets I saw stuff moving!!!!! Luckily I bought an air matress and me and my wife and kids made due for 1 night in our Van. DO NOT USE travelocity they will not refund you your money for any hotel that THEY put you in. They guarentee is a scam, I spent 2.5 hours of my time trying to work with these people but every time I called I was talking to some Indian person who I could not understand. and to top it off the owner at the front desk is the rudest man on earth!

Room Tip: Disguisting / Unsafe! RUN!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SSMXPL1967

Sorry to reply this review for a long time we are trying to make things right if you would brought it to the notice of front desk we could have upgraded your room and also taken care of your other problems.We were just awarded THE TOP QUALITY ASSURANCE AWARD BY THE COMPANY.Sorry for the inconveneince and try to let it not happen again.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

The room was clean and neat. The ceiling vent had an occasional water leak that appeared to have been an ongoing issue. The toilet tank constantly dripped water.
The lights over the sink did not work but were replaced within 30 minutes of reporting.
We were fortunate to have booked via Trip Advisor saving us at least $50. compared to those who were walk in bookings. The Inn was filled to capacity due to coastal evacuations from Hurricane Irene.
We enjoyed our meal at the attached restaurant Namaste, Indian cuisine. The waiter was attentive and the food was very good. I plan to return for another meal. The bar was a good energy place even with almost needing a raincoat because of all the ceiling water leaks secondary to the pounding rain and wind whipping weather outside. The bar food took a very long time for those ordering but...one person in the kitchen ...mmm I am glad I was not in her shoes. Considering the weather situation I thought the Inn's personnel handled the massive influx of people very well. Thanks to the gal who came in on her day off to work the bar and the gentleman who fixed the light bulbs and the front desk for their patience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

THANK YOU for your review and sorry for the inconveneince caused to you but your review has helped us to make things right and we are trying to give a better service to our customers.We were just awarded THE TOP QUALITY ASSURANCE AWARD BY THE COMPANY and sorry once again for the inconveneince caused to you