“Mediterranean Restaurant”
Review of Cactus Taverna

Cactus Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Cactus Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 210 Restaurants in Salisbury
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Margarita was excellent, guacamole was very good and the strawberry dessert was excellent. It was very close to the Courtyard Marriott.

2  Thank 632DSM

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I visited Cactus Taverna with a college age son who isn't a particularly creative eater. The restaurant modified a dish to his liking and provided scotch bonnet peppers to liven up my modestly spiced "Mexican" Food. We didn't order creatively and the food that arrived wasn't creative either...but I'd recommend the restaurant because the the vibe was great, the staff attentive and even the owner stopped by the table to check in with us. The menu was far more creative than our order, btw. I plan to return if I'm back in the area.

1  Thank brucemag
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having been several times to Cactus Taverna I can say I believe it to be overrated. It is expensive and not a very good value. It doesn't bode well for the Salisbury restaurant scene that Cactus Taverna is considered the number one restaurant.
For the positives, Cactus Taverna has very good service. It is nicely decorated and very clean. The owner is attentive to his customers and the live music was very good. The food, however, needs addressed.
The beer list could be expanded given the number of micro-breweries in the area. All that is available are bottled supermarket lagers and the standard bottled Mexican brews. At least Yuengling lager was available. The salsa was salty and lacked flavor. More fresh cilantro and less salt would go a long way to improve it. My wife ordered the Paella. The calamari was very tough and stringy. The muscles, clams, scallops, shrimp and fish were quite good although the shrimp and scallops were used sparingly. I ordered the surf and turf. As one of the more expensive entries it was a poor choice. The steak was a sirloin. It was flavorful but very tough and had a lot of gristle. The bacon wrapped scallops were so salty that they were almost inedible. The shrimp in a buttery cream sauce were quite tasty. The sides of vegetables were perfectly done and the rice and beans were fine.
Overall the food needs substantial improvement to make Cactus Taverna the true number one restaurant in the Salisbury.

1  Thank BigBob1954
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through town and found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. This restaurant more than lived up to its billing. Very friendly staff, excellent service and outstanding food. We teased the staff about staying in Salisbury an additional night just so we could eat there again!

1  Thank Divetripster
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Though we have enjoyed this place with a large group, this is our favorite place for couple's night out. Exemplary service, great food and atmosphere.

1  Thank kennykman

Been to Cactus Taverna? Share your experiences!