“Best lItalian in the region by far.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fratelli's Italian Restaurant

Fratelli's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 193 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine Italian dining specializing in seafood and homemade pasta.
“Best lItalian in the region by far.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I have been dining here for many years and I must admit that this is one of the few places where we've never experienced a bad meal. The authentic Italian cuisine is consistently wonderful and the portions are huge.

I had occasion tower the owner in the kitchen and saw him making all the pasta right there. No pre-packages stuff here. Being from Philly where we had wonderful local Italian restaurants everywhere, I was so impressed that everything was fresh made right here, just like we had back in the old neighborhood.

Come hungry and expect to take home much of whatever you order because, even though I eat more than I should, I can never finish the huge portions they serve.

You'll be very surprised to see their pricing is less than the big national chain Italian restaurants as well. They owner may not speak English too well, but that's OK since he speaks with his food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gkleimancap

Salisbury, MD
“Always Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Bonny was our server. We split a bowl of Mussels Josephine (9.99). Margaret and Lyd each had an excellent Crab Cake Sandwich (12.99) and I had the daily special of Flounder Francaise (9.50).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank RetiredAnalyst
Knoxville
“Friendly, slow service and average crab cake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here based on outstanding crab cake reviews and was disappointed. Took over 45 minutes from ordering to get entree...server stated the kitchen got really backed up, even though there were only 12 patrons in the restaurant. Took over 20 minutes to get bread, which looked like it was nibbled on.
Appears that owner was very social with several tables and eventually saw me sitting without food for a very long time and he finally went into the kitchen to address.
Crabcake was just ok. Top 1/4 was much heavier filler than what I had heard and thought.

Visited June 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
“Went For Pizza, Ended Up Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

DGW and I were out and hungry. So we ended up here...best idea ever.
It is where the old Mulligans was. (Wow a lotta ghosts on this trip, esp here, being stuffed with honey cheese bread...)
He had Angel hair pasta in gravy and I had Fettucine al Gypsy, something I ve never tried before. Something I always do, look for the thing I ve not tried or go for the thing that s recommended.
Anyway, after the salad with fresh ingredients, and homemade house Italian. My dish was Fettucine in olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and artichoke hearts... it was really a different taste and I enjoyed it thoroughly. We had enough for a doggie bag and got tiramisu and cannolli to go...
Definitely recommend this

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank KimVallejo
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“The Very Best Crab Cakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I hate to take issue with anyone posting reviews on TripAdvisor. However the person who rated Timbuktu Restaurant in Hanover Maryland near BWI Airport as having the best crab cakes in Maryland, with Fratilli’s being second best I will have to take issue with. I am from Somerset County and know something about crab cakes, and let me assure people that even though Timbuktu’s crab cakes are superb (I’ve been going there since 1983); Fratill’s is without question the very best.

My wife and I went to Fratelli’s on a friend from Salisbury’s recommendation. When we arrived we were seated right away. Our server came immediately and took our drink order. When he came back with the drinks he answered all of our questions. My wife ordered the single crab cake dinner and I ordered the two crab cake dinner. Next, a large garden salad for two with unlimited bread sticks was brought to our table. Next our crab cakes were delivered along with large orders of oven baked potatoes. I soon realized that one crab cake would have been enough, because they were so large and full of crab meat and no filler.

Try as we could we could not finish everything. Our waiter boxed all our leftovers for us and we took them back to our hotel for dinner the next night.

We will be definitely be back and recommend the fine restaurant to all our friends.

• Visited April 2013