“EXCELLENT!”

Ranked #9 of 205 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine Italian dining specializing in seafood and homemade pasta.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a rare find! The food is all homemade.......even the pasta and it's GOOD! Friendly staff and servers, nice atmosphere and delicious food. Nothing to complain about...EVERYTHING to Rave about!
The pasta is sooo good and the sauces are like Mama makes!
I can recommend this to everyone!
LOVE IT!

4  Thank JBL1150

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Fratelli's is our go to Italian restaurant in the Salisbury area. The pasta is freshly made as well as the sauces. Our favorite dish to split is the Chicken a la Vodka. It is a very generous portion, easily feeding two people and sometimes we can even take some home for lunch the next day. They do charge a sharing fee which is understandable since we both always enjoy the salad and bread. Still a great value and amazingly fresh Italian food. They have made improvements on the atmosphere in the dining room but they could make smaller sections to be a little bit more intimate. Most of the servers are local college kids and they are always very courteous and attentive.

4  Thank Jen D
Reviewed November 12, 2012

On the recommendation of a long time Salisbury native, we ate at Fratelli's while visiting the area on business. What a great place for dinner. Fratelli's is a local gem with a large menu of handmade Italian fare. Portions are large and are served hot, right from the kitchen to your table. We sampled the hand made tortellini and the shrimp parmesan....and both dishes were simply outstanding. Dinners include a large house salad (the house dressing is also awesome), and a large basket of warm, freshly made breads. All I can say is wow, what a dinner!

Service was very friendly and very quick. Even though the restaurant was very busy, we never felt rushed or hurried. I will definitely return to Fratelli's on our next visit through Salisbury.

4  Thank Sarzyn
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I really like this place. They are across the street from Salisbury University, who bought their old location where they had been for many years. Some will remember this location as the former Mulligan's. The meals come with family style salad and bread sticks and features a popular dressing. I ask for it on the side however which never seems to be an issue. They only appetizer I had here is the calamari. I would not call it a "must have" but if you like calamari, it is a winner - largely because of the marinara dipping sauce.

When my folks are in town we go here for lunch, they like the soup and salad special - you can get crab soup as part of that deal, which is a nice treat. The house wine seems to please them and is reasonably priced. I have not had the pizza, so can not comment there. My favorites are the chicken parmesan and the seafood platter. The CP is a generous portion at both lunch and dinner and is served on a large platter with extra sauce to dip the bread. Yum! It comes with a side of pasta (I always ask for angel hair) or veg of the day. This is a lot of food and with some forethought you can take half home for lunch tomorrow, but be advised, the food never heats the same as it is when served hot at the restaurant! The seafood is available broiled or fried. I have had both and prefer the fried, but with the crab cake broiled. They will broil without butter if you ask. The platter also has shrimp and a BIG piece of flounder. You won't be taking any of this home for later! A final note about the crab cake. This is a perennial winner of "best crab cake" and is by far MY favorite, but please keep in mind that EVERY restaurant on the shore makes the World's Best Crab Cake. They make an excellent product here with no "filler", and I am not putting down anything from Crisfield or Ocean City. There are lots of awesome seafood opportunities there.

One of the kids is a big fettuccine alfredo fan and always get this - he recommends.

The atmosphere is somewhat odd. There are tables and booths, all comfortable and in good repair and the light is low (dinner) and there are cloth napkins, but the floor is big 16 inch tiles and the walls include some curious painting. This would never keep me from coming here, just note that it is not visually stimulating and hard to say if the design is to be a family restaurant or a romantic restaurant.

The bar is large and popular some days of the week. Even is the lot looks full there is no wait for a table.

Bottom line - if you are visiting, stop here. If you live here, you already know that!

5  Thank alfeg87
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was decent. Being brand new, the staff was overly sensitive to children, in an annoying way. They gave my daughter something to color but refused to give her crayons because other children drew on the walls. So, a restaurant which appears to cater to families doesn't seem to like children? I am going to chalk this up to the newness of the place. If that doesn't change, the restaurant won't make it as Hampstead is nothing but a family-oriented community.My 3 year old ordered the ravioli (didn't taste it) but she seemed to like it. The breadsticks were slightly burned and the salad while well-intentioned (very much like Olive Garden's which I love) had brown lettuce in it. I ordered the crabcake platter which was very tasty but cold (asked for a microwave heat-up but it came back still cold, I'm sorry to say). The side of squash was delicious. I am going to try it again because the choices in my semi-rural community are limited but I am hopeful the kinks are worked out and that they can accommodate my family better because if I go back, it's going to be with 3 kids, not one. I will also say that it is fairly expensive. It was mid-$40 for me and my 3 year old.

1  Thank Baltowkids